Sunday, February 27, 2005

So I got a call at 8 pm tonight while eating take out Chinese food and watching the Oscars (Chris came down for a dinner break)... I have an interview for the out-of-school care job tomorrow.
Am a bit nervous, specifically because I know one question they will ask is what experience do I have with children. The truth - not much. In fact, I'm hoping to learn about kids through this job; for personal as well as professional reasons. Fact is no one I knew growing up had significantly younger siblings, I babysat like twice, and to be honest, I've never really been around kids as an adult. The only experience I've had of late has been dealing with kids who are around the office when the parents come to drop off forms or the kids who have been in the studies I've conducted. And while this isn't much, I'm sure that I'd be good, cuz if I can get a 4 year old to spend half an hour with me doing math problems non-stop, I'm sure I can read to them and have fun too.
Will they buy this? I don't know.

Happily, I did my hair while watching a movie this afternoon and have bought a lovely cheery yellow blazer that I can wear (along with all the clean clothes, curtosy of my spring-cleaning blitz this week). I just need to figure out how to get there (no mean feat, using this bus system) and figure out what to BS.

Will also call the ladies at the office tomorrow to get advise.

In the meanwhile, the house is a mess (got tired of cleaning mid-way through it all) and garbage day is tomorrow, so must at least do the garbage and will take a bath. Will hopefully have more good news tomorrow afternoon!

posted by traxis @ 10:10 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary