I was informed yesterday that the person whom I am replacing at work is coming back on March 14th. She wasn't due to come back until late December. I am out of my position as of March 30th.
The one sort of "up side" to this is that the woman is coming back only part-time, which means that my supervisor can offer me 2 days of work a week. That's not enough, but it will allow me to pay for rent and my loan. Am back to looking for a job. I hate this.
My supervisor is still looking at the budget to see what else she can squeeze out for me, and she's been talking to other directors to find out if there's options to offer me. The ladies at work are also looking into options too through their contacts.
One thing I can do for sure is enumerating come April 1st. I am also looking at full-time jobs, though I really suck at finding jobs. Am also considering getting a beat up car to expand my job options (I know that seems totally counter productive - but it is something to consider).
Am trying to have a good time despite all this shit this weekend (my second long-weekend this month). Grrr.
posted by traxis @ 11:43 a.m.


3 Comments:
Man, that bites. Solidarity in job searching!
Poo :-(
But it will all work out.
As Renata was fond of saying
"Everything Happends for a Reason"
Thanks girls,
I appreciate the support!
Now, if I could only get my boss to sit with me for 5 minutes to figure out what will happen with my built up time off, and all the other mechanics of this change. :(
Post a Comment
» Home