Left the office exactly at 2 pm which gave me tons of time to get to the airport. Flight was fine, except that the pilot decided to talk weather bullshit over the last 10 minutes of Elf the movie they showed. Got to Pearson on time, then there were problems marshalling our plane into the gate and then the plane's luggage door was frozen shut so we had to wait for another hour to get my stuff. Spent time with my family and Chris at David's apartment.
Christmas was good - got lots of books and some sweaters. Had turkey dinner with my aunt and uncle and Chris came over too.
Boxing day was quite good - went downtown with David and shopped and showed him where all sorts of neighbourghoods and stores are. Got a stripy shirt and grey pants from the Gap, a cute beige shirt from Mexx along with a fake diamond ring. Had turkey leftovers for dinner and watched Hero which I got for my Dad for Christmas.
On the 27th I met up with Val for lunch - which was really nice. Hadn't seen her in like 6 years. I was quite nervous about how it would go, but in the end it was fun to chat with her and hear about old friends. After lunch I met up with Chris, we got some groceries for the Christmas party then headed over to his parents' for the big family party. Traded gifts with his family - got some yummy Starbucks hot chocolate from his sister and a great cookbook and olive oil dip set from his parents. Had a good time, but my parents had a great time chatting with the aunts and uncles.
On the 28th, after waking up nice and late, Chris and I ran some errands then headed to David's for dinner with the two families. It was a nice dinner, again our parents getting along marvelously.
The 29th was kinda borring, my parents and I spent the whole day in big shopping lines getting house stuff for David. I was quite frustrated by the whole thing and starting to feel tired and ready to do something without the whole family. Further, sleeping on the couch in a 25 degree apartment was not comfortable.
On the 30th we had a good day planned - I had got my parents tickets to Mama Mia for Christmas. I had also promissed to take them to dinner, so we drove to downtown, had a nice walk and then had great big dinner at Kama an Indian restaurant. Mama Mia was really good - fun and silly, with good to very good singing and the story did string most of the songs together well. My parents had a great time, which was good. We dropped Chris off at home, then headed back to David's.
The 31st, I moved all my stuff over to Chris' paretns, we hung out at the house for a while then headed out to a dinner of sushi and other Japanese food, we went to the Joker for new years eve. The music was so-so; mostly not 80's stuff as the crowd was way more into hip hop, which I kind of like, but at the same time, I had been looking forward to retro. The crowd was either slutty girls or scary looking guys, especially the Tamil guys who just stood there and stared at the girls, not drinking, dancing, or even talking to one another. It wasn't a very easy feeling. We shared a hot dog before driving home.
New Year's day we spent in the house, sleeping in and then just resting. In the evening we went to the buffet with Chris' family - ate so much good food. Afterwards lolled on the couch. Uhg.
On the 2nd we stayed home all day - it was raining and pretty gross. Played with the dog and watched Simpsons Season 5 on dvd. Had leftover turkey for dinner. Started feeling quite sick.
On the 3rd, went into downtown with Chris shopping. He got some electronics stuff, and I got a hoodie and green trouser socks from H&M. Poor Chris has had a pain in his foot for the last week, and I have been feeling sicker and sicker. I had definitely caught Chris' sister's cold.
On the 4th we woke up bright and early and headed to the airport. I was pretty misreable with a runny nose, coughing, sniffling, and sneezing. The cold was also moving down to my lungs. My ex's best friend who worked/s for air canada checked us in - and was kind of a jerk. Whatever. The flight was packed to Calgary, and our lunch at Montana's was slow. Got into Edmonton on a Dasch 8 that was so packed that they had to bring luggage into the plane. Got to Edmonton okay, got some groceries and headed home - finally.
Yesterday while I did go to work, I was hacking and coughing all day. Went to the doctors immediately after work, was diagnosed with brochitis (again!) and was given some powerful codeine syrup. Chris made some very nice dinner, then I went to bed at like 9 pm - the cough medication wiped me out. Am not at work today - am taking the maximum doses of medication which make it hard to focus for a long time and my body is just really tired. I'm also contagious, which is not good.
Am trying to do some housework and will be trying to figure out finances today. Wanted to walk to the bank but it's snowing and gross outside. May write Chris a cheque for half of the bills we share.
Nothing planed for the weekend - will maybe see about renting the rest of Angel, and taking it easy.
Must go warm some soup!
posted by traxis @ 1:36 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home