Thursday, December 16, 2004

So I got on the bus this morning and immediately I recognized a scent from back in the day - Body Shop original vanilla perfume. I kept taking deep breaths so as to enjoy the slightly-burnt-sugary smell. This took me back to grade 10 where my own bottle of this perfume broke in my pencil case during Mrs. Payne's math class.

As for my update;
Thursday's party was good - I felt a bit weird because the grad student event I had run in the past, where I used to know everyone there, was mostly attended by strange faces. I did get to sit and chat with Alison, which I haven't had the chance to do in several months. She gave me shopping strategies for Toronto - much appreciated.

Friday, our party for the CS kids, went really well. Got home and Chris had cleaned up a great deal. Everything was set, including a fake fireplace front for the TV (which we tunned to the Fireplace channel to complete the look). The kids came by round 6:30-7 pm, and we ordered pizza, did the gift exchange, then played Tabboo and a game where you have to unwrap a gift while wearing mits, a hat and scarf. Chris got some flies personally tied by one of our outdoorsy friends, and I got a big popcorn bowl and "festive kernels". Everyone enjoyed their gifts, including Bill who I got fancy foodie things (saffron, vanilla beans, truffle oil and chocolate), and Colin, who Chris got a Zen Potato Garden kit for.

Saturday, was pretty calm. We ran errands then went to Alexis' party - it was so cool, full of SU hacks and grad student folk. People mingled, enjoyed themselves etc. Spoke with Zach and his wife, and Dan and Alison were there too. Stayed a little late, but things were good. Things aren't so good now as our hostess and Chris got into a "fight" at the office on Monday/Tuesday - uhg. I hope she smartens up and realizes the whole issue was stupid. Would hate to sour ties.

Sunday woke up nice and early, made coffee, eggs, bacon, and cinnamon buns (okay, we heated these). Opened presents around the tree. CHris liked his t-shirts, the America Book by Jon Stewart, the Counting Crows CD, candy, key chain and video game that I got him. He didn't like his gag gift (appropriately named) - Congee in a can. It's what he was fed on Air China, poor thing. I received a lovely cook book, a set of dumbells, Hero DVD, a giant toblerone, oranges, a Starbucks card, cranbery body wash from the Body Shop, and ski socks. I'm mostly writing this list for prosperity - I can never remeber what I got people or what I received.

After gifts, we got out the skis and tried out our new boots and bindings in the park - the Rosignol bindings were tons better than the old 3-pin boots I had in the past. At 2 pm we went to the Christmas choral concert at the Winspear which was really nice - the Davis Concert Organ was played and a bell choir also performed. Lovely show. Finally, we went out for too much food at the Fantasy Land Hotel restaurant (which is really nice, despite the tacky name) and then went through the Bright Nights display of Christmas lights at Hawrelak park. Very nice Christmas.

Monday I was officially told that I got the job (yay!) and on Tuesday during the office Christmas party (which was a pain to see people have so much trouble organize, but was very nice in the end) it was announced officially to everyone.

Now it's Thursday and Chris leaves tonight. We're going to lunch together and then he'll be going before I get home. I have no idea what I am going to do during the next week - am thinking of renting a car for the weekend at least. We'll see. Am almost done watching Season 2 of Angel - good stuff. Have no converted to being a bigger Angel than Buffy fan. Must get back to work now, bosses are trickling in!

posted by traxis @ 8:47 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary