Monday, December 06, 2004

This was me today
Didn't sleep well. Couldn't stop my mind racing and my stomach felt horrible. Ended up puking a bit and eventually taking a gravol to calm my stomach and my nerves. Slept in until 7:50, I would normally be walking with a late into the office door by this time. Called into work and said I would be late. It's not a big deal given that I've stayed late several times in the last few weeks. Eventually got up and dressed and walked out the door as the 8:30 am bus was pulling away from the stop. Walked to the back-up bus stop, and waited, and waited, and waited for half an hour in -19 C temperature.
Work was fine, quiet and all. People keep putting more ugly Christmas junk on my desk. I don't care. Had soup for lunch (first thing I ate all day) and then an apple juice. Eventually had some rice crackers and before I knew it, it was time to go home. Chris picked me up, went to get groceries and then headed home for some dinner.

No word about the job yet, no, STILL.

Am currently in my PJ listening the Christmas digital radio station from the cable tv, and reading books and drinking raspberry tea. Things should go much smoother tonight.


This was me last night (stupid blogger wasn't publishing earlier)
So like, I'm not posting. Why? I dunno. I'm bored, and in statis. I still don't know 100% for certain if I got the city job - people are assuring me that I've got it, however given the fact that I have not been given a contract or that the "greivance" period isn't over (or even started yet), I don't consider myself as secure.

I've been spending a great deal of time on the couch - fuck, I spent most of yesterday ironing, mending, hemming, restringing a necklace, then putting things away around the house like doing dishes, putting the insulation on the windows, and other clean up. Tres borring. However I do now have 2 pairs of flannel pants, one pair of tweed pants, and a new pair of jeans ready to wear without smushing down the bottoms.

In other news, Xmas parties are coming up - the GSA one, a CS one, the one with friends, and another with a GSA person are up this week and finally Chris and my party on Sunday. Yes. All these within one week. The only thing happening the week of the 13th is an office "party" during a lunch hour and that Chris leaves! Geez.

It's also snowed like a foot in the last 36 hours. Yuck. Had to shovel twice already and it's still snowing. Have bought new x-country ski boots and bindings. Looking forward to much easier skiing this year (when it is sunnier). Have not had a very fun weekend, and would normally have Monday off as an earned day off, however want to be around in case job proposal comes up. Best thing all weekend has been going to sleep at 9 pm on Friday, having a good shopping dream last night and nice coffee and gingerbread man cookie with Chris at a Second Cup which had a fireplace.

Need to address appearance this coming week - I have an eyebrow appointment during lunch tomorrow. Will try to book a hair colouring this week. And am now heading off to shave my legs. Damnit.

posted by traxis @ 8:51 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary