Monday, March 28, 2005

Yay, treebeard!

So they sent me the CD like 2 weeks ago, along with a cute pin, some ubiquitous stickers and a promo sheet. Another bonus; none of the stamps got cancelled.

So, as a good fan, I wrote back to them with a picture of me wearing the button giving them the "rock on" hand signal. Eric, the guy who's been e-mailing me, was mightily impressed and will share this with the rest of the band. This should secure my position as the band's #1 and longest-running fan.

In other news
Had a great LONG long weekend which is still going... After finding out on Thursday that I got the job, I leased a car for 2 days, went shopping for Easter stuff, and then came home where we worked on the bathroom for 2 more days. On Saturday we had finished everything, and so did other work - making turkey dinner for our friends C & B who enjoyed it all greatly. Sunday we had gift-exchange for Easter; while the things I got for Chris didn't fit, I greatly enjoyed receiving not one, but 7 hollow chickents (1 big and 6 mini ones). We then went out to the nice breakfast place we found last week and enjoyed a huge huge buffet brunch. We ran a few errands on the way home, and Chris got me an Easter Lily (so lovely). We then cleaned up the kitchen and started on the garage. I threw out a whole big garbage can full of junk that the previous tenants/landlords/owners had left. We then got ready again for another outing, Easter pot luck with 9 other friends. It was quite a good time. Today, after sleeping in, did more dishes, then cleaned up my office, wrote to treebeard, and then went to D&D (wearing my awesome new "d20 I win" t-shirt. D&D went so-so, but things did get better with more cider :) Tomorrow I have another day off; will be meeting with the folks from my new job and likely going to the doctors about my foot - stupid foot.

And again, in other news
The Robin Black show was pretty awesome. The venue was pretty good, and the opening act sucked, but things were just as kick-ass as when we saw them every other time. Tiny stage did not allow for fireworks, but we did get a great view of the band, who are quite impressive musicians. Even Starboy looked good - new haircut and lost weight or something. The groupies were sad looking and too eager - perhaps Chris is right and I'm outgrowing this. In any case, they made the most of an hour-long set and made it worth sitting through a noisy, boring, and attitudey opening band that didn't deserve to be on the bill. Next show: Hot Hot Heat... looking forward to getting the album along with the new NINE INCH NAILS one on April 5th. So rad.

posted by traxis @ 10:34 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary