Sunday, September 04, 2005

I have no significant news - things are going well at work and at home. See Hershey's Blog to hear about our camping trip; but really, it has just been a nice time.

I've been being very good for not shopping too much - despite all the rather fantastic back-to-school sales and great professional-y clothes out there. Managed to keep things to just replacing broken mini boots.

As for my comments on New Orleans etc. - I'll just say that it is frightneing to see how close the whole situation is to the book Blindness by Jose Saramago. It was very difficult for me to finish that book, but it was important that I did. I must wonder how things would pan out if the hurrican had hit elsewhere - would people be acting differently in Canada? What would our government do? Our police? The army? What about the rest of the world? I dunno - it seems like so many more things can be done our could have happened by now. I just don't understand where they are going to start.

Anyhow, that's all I really have to say.

posted by traxis @ 9:17 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary