Monday, August 08, 2005

Okay - I just realized that was a shite post, especially after reading X's travel log - man, did that put me to shame :)

I will now share with you a crazy obsession I have. Before going on a trip, I must have EVERYTHING in perfect order at home. For those of you who know me, that is not too surprising, I'm sure.

I am obsessed with making sure that everything is put away, that the plants are all together with watering instructions etc. for the friend who'll check on the house, and that timers are set and a contact list is posted on the fridge...
but...
I'll also make sure that the laundry is all done, that the house is clean - spotless clean, that the bed is made with new sheets and that the bathroom towels are all either folded away or clean ones are hung up ready for use.

I'll also make sure that everything that is possibly spoil-able in the fridge is eaten or thrown out before I go. It makes for some very strange meals the few days before departure. I've had a tiny bowl of cereal (to finish the milk), brocoli, and a hot dog for dinner. I'll sit down and have nothing but salads for 2 or 3 days trying to finish the Costco sized containers of mesculun. I will drink flat pop, finish that OJ that's sorta rhummy, and of course re-fill the Britta before I leave.

That's just how weird I am.

posted by traxis @ 5:32 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary