Thursday was a work-at-home day where I actually got stuff done in the morning but not much in the afternoon. The dog is being moody what with being in heat and all, so it's a little difficult to figure out what she wants and what she needs. Chris is very busy during the day and exhausted at night so he's not around to be with the dog really - it's been my responsibility to ease her into the home and now take care of her while she's in heat. Tiring; very tiring. I went out briefly with my girlfriends for a Ladies Night, Chris was also away for part of the evening and when I got home to prepare the dog for bed test fireworks were being shot off near the river valley by our house - Hershey was outside and was very freaked out by it all, poor thing.
Friday was the real day off, we cleaned up around the house a little and in the afternoon headed off to Centenial Jam with Randy Bachman and Barenaked Ladies. It rained and they made us "hand over" our unbrellas - no ticket, no locker, it was ridiculous; they had hundreds of umbrellas lumped together; and further while it was raining in the open-air stadium, other people had umbrellas and tons of more "dangerous" things like big flags or tarps which could get in the way. BNL was fun as always, making fun of Alberta and being silly with rapping. We got back near home and went to watch the fireworks but our chosen spot sucked and we decided to head back home.
Saturday I primped and prepared for our friends' wedding - I had a lovely yellow chiffon dress with a cream pashmina. Very cute. Chris and I all fancied up went to the church and enjoyed the short ceremony. Our girl friend who is normally so casual, was gorgeous in her wedding dress with her hair all done up. Our guy friend also looked very dapper in a tuxedo. The reception was fantastic, everyone had a great time,
posted by traxis @ 8:19 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home