Grandparents aren't coming afterall - they are worried about driving, and I can understand that. The slush out here is ridiculous, not fun to drive in at all. With temperatures hovering around zero, and percipitation in one form or another expected, I think it's best not to push them. Mom will go visit them around new year and will bring the remaining presents for them.
In other news, haven't done a whole heck of a lot. Am pretty much addicted to the OC, my brother has 2 seasons, and I think I will only get through one more disc at most before leaving. That put's me just about half-way through the first season. Will need to rent more when I get back to Edmonton. Watched The Notebook with the family yesterday - so sad, so gushy, but very nice. A.T. was right - it was very very romantic. It was sad too, because they reminded me of my grandparents too.
Today is my last day in Ottawa, will be taking the bus to TO tomorrow. Things will be pretty crazy for the first few days there, but then we'll have another week of sightseeing and relaxing before going back out west. Am looking forward to being with Chris and Hershey again! Have planned to see the Catherine the Great exhibit at the AGO, the Body Worlds 2 exhibit at the Ontario Science Center, go hang out with PMcC., go to Sisters for New Year's Day supper, walk in the Beaches, through downtown and the St. Lawrence Market some more, and maybe go see the Steamwhistle Brewery if possible for a tour. I've been incredibly good with money on this trip (other than the major expenses for dinners and car rentals), so I can feel free to enjoy the stores and attractions in Toronto for the rest of the trip.
Finally - looking for suggestions for New Years' Eve celebrations... was quite disappointed with going to a club last year - gross kids, bad music, unclassy all around. Could go out for dinner only, but would like something a bit more special. Ideas?
posted by traxis @ 7:50 a.m.


1 Comments:
New Year's is overrated; just settle for dinner and go out for coffee. :)
Post a Comment
» Home