Toronto has been good - enjoyed the parties with Chris' family, got to meet some new people and was more at-ease with those I had met previously. Helped out a little bit - am always happy to be helpful when these things are thrown, I know how much work they can be. Have gone downtown a few times with Chris - I've been good about shopping, but not so much so that I'm not enjoying myself. Most stores are available back home now or reasonable equivalents are around, so there isn't much I'm lacking. Went to a few touristy things, including the Steamwhistle Brewery tour (quite good pilsner), and went to see the Body Worlds 2 exhibit, that while it was interesting, it was also hard and disturbing at times. There were so many people there - poorly behaved kids and parents, this exhibit was not a good place for them (could only imagine someone tripping or touching something, and, as they say, the hand bone's connected to the arm bone, the arm bone's connected to the shoulder bone...)
Today went down to Buffalo for some sightseeing, shopping and a meal at the Crackerbarrel. Got to shop at Hot Topic, which I love, got some cute t-shirts. Also got some hand lotion that is only available at CVS Pharmacies. Window shopped at some of the other American chains I like, but didn't get anything else. Got back into Canada, went through Hamilton and am now back at Chris' parents' place. They've been taking great care of Hershey while we've been away - good stuff!
Anyhow, the rest of the vacation will be used up visiting friends and spending a bit more time with Chris' family. Fun!
posted by traxis @ 9:59 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home