This is the second time this week something has been taken from Chris/me. On Tuesday we went out to find the car window open (our fault) and the door ajar - someone had reached in and unlocked the door and had a grand old time. Luckily the prick didn't take Chris' amateur radio - that would have been a major loss. However, he did take the ashtray and all the coins we store in it, the Entertainment book (!) and our little wallet of Canadian Tire money. We had about $9 in Canadian tire dollars, which was a real bummer. The Entertainment book was a loss too, but that wasn't s frustrating as loosing a piece of the car! Take the change, fine! But don't take the tray - god. I thought the looser may have dumped it a few doors/blocks down, so we did look around for the tray, but no luck.
And today, I just went biking to the local mall to run some errands. I have a little pouch on the back of my bike seat for a plastic bag, to carry my lights if I know that I'll be biking at night, and a multi tool for bike repairs. I cam out of the shops about an hour after ariving and found the pouch zipper open. Someone took my multi tool! It's so frustrating because despite the fact that it only cost like $20, it's a SAFETY thing - and for god's sakes, does someone really need to steal something so bad that they'd take that!?!?
Riddiculous.
It's not that I want to live in a community where you have to lock everything up and can't leave things around in your yard - but this isn't pleasant.
posted by traxis @ 8:04 p.m.


2 Comments:
I'm reminded of when somebody stole stuff out of the pouch on Brett's bike once. Although the bad thing about that was that the theft actually occurred in the locked up pen where the bikes are kept. I sympathise with you; theft is always upsetting.
Someone recently broke into my car. They smashed a back window, scattered papers everywhere, and took about two bucks from the change dish. Them: $2. Me: -$182 for having to replace my freakin' window.
Oddly enough, they weren't at all interested in my D&D dice or character sheets. Hoodlums these days have no priorities!
Post a Comment
» Home