I rediscovered Musique Plus last night, the french version of Much Music which is available only up to Ottawa and everything east of us. Claude Rajotte and I share musical tastes 100%, and he does the cd review show. They recaped 2001 in a 2 hour special. I was glued to the screen yelling:
"Yes! I agree completely! Rufus Wainright IS the coolest Canadian male singer!"
"What!? You thought the Air cd was a STUDIO album?? Are you mental?"
"Damn straight Incubus suck! Their only redeeming factor is the cuteness of the lead singer!"
"Organic ambient is the perfect way to describe Vespertine!"
"Of course Gorillaz rock, but their album has uneven quality, why didn't you mention that!"
"Beautiful was NOT good, shut up!"
"Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub) was TO good, shut up!"
"Lamb are boring now, you're so right!"
"Why aren't you mentioning International Noise Conspiracy?!?"
"...and in addition to lack of guitars, Ladytron are in need of hairstylists..."
and so on and so forth. Made for an interesting evening at 2 am.
Found out about Zero7 which are what Morcheeba should've turned into. Will look for that cd tomorrow, along with the newer The Dears cd.
Grandparents are over... they're more mellow than they were at my aunt's place, which is good. Going out for New Year's Eve tomorrow with my brother. Going to Zaphods, which should be good. Went to pick up the tickets yesterday and I think Gilles from Treebeard was standing outside... don't know whether to get their cd as they'd have to drive over to deliver it, and my mum would freak. Will see if he's there tomorrow, and buy it from him then if possible. Treebeard kick ass.
Okay, now I'm just procrastinating again. Will go do work.
posted by traxis @ 6:00 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home