Friday, March 08, 2002

Remembered why I don't like the Edmonton bar scene. Went out with Carmen and a few other people tonight for her roomate's birthday. We went to the same place we used to go to every week last year, and somehow it was just horrid. People were loud and stupid, not moving out of the way when we wanted to get to the bathroom, the bartender was a rude asshole making crude jokes about how to get on the VIP list, and just bad bad badness from the clientelle. Yucky. Hung out with psych people for the most part, that was alright. Oh well, I guess it wasn't all that bad.
Today was also my first big meeting with politicians for work. It went actually quite well. I was really nervous going over there, pretty much thinking "oh god, I'm just a kid, they won't listen to me!" but the 4 MLA's were all like "thank you so much for coming to talk to us, please let us know what you think, keep us informed" and stuff. Wowie!
Other than that meeting, had lunch with Chris, where I spilt food all over myself :) but we had a good time, lots of smiling at each other. Had a few other meetings and did school work. Nothing big. So, it was a good day.
Really looking forward to tomorrow - no meetings until 4 pm, so will get to go grocery shopping and finally return my movie. Will get some office work done too, and then running with Chris after lunch. Should be pretty calm. Will hopefully do something nice and low key with Chris in the evening - however I don't know if he'll be up to it; he is still keeping things in close watch - and we'll be spending Saturday night and all day Sunday together. Hmmm.
Okay, need to go take a shower, I smell like a bar still. uhg.

posted by traxis @ 12:09 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary