Well... it wasn't that bad afterall really. We were productive and came up with work for me that was feasible to do (good) but I still feel like I've completely disappointed him. Oh well, I think I can get him the work that he wants by Monday or Tuesday. Went back to the office after that, and hung out with Dan until 5 pm. We're totaly idiots; the other day we were listening to his old university's radio station, and he was telling me that this show "Singing with Barbra" (which has no Barbra and no singing - rather two silly girls that talk a lot and whacked-out electronic music) was on and he'd been listening to it for about 3 years. He also worked at that radio station and they had a bitch of a time trying to get people to call in and win their giveaway prizes since they were only an internet radio station. He was pondering if he should call in and let them know that 'yes' someone WAS out there listening. Anyhow, in the middle of some ODD song, they cut in saying "Kylie Minnogue ###-####" so Dan jots down the phone number and I'm like "CALL!" and he starts calling with his cell, and I'm like "No! Use the office phone, afterall, you ARE calling another university, we can pretend this was business, or research!" so he calls, and talks to them, gives them the office address, and says bye.
We will be getting a half-naked scandanavian postcard of Kylie Minnogue through the Campus Mail system to our office next week.
Fucking hillarious.
So yesterday, Dan and I were competing to see who could hook onto a radio station first, I wanted Punjabi Techno, but he hates it. Anyhow, we finally both hooked onto the UK Virgin Radio station, and his station was like half a second slower than mine, so it created this wicked echo. But then, this commercial came on that had echo in it, so my speakers had echo, and Dan's speakers had echo, then there was the echo between our computers too, so it was all very trippy. We took turns sitting in the middle spot between our two computers. Great fun.
Dan also tapped Buffy for me last week. He wins points.
At about 5:15 went to meet Chris, he's been working really hard on this team project that is coming due really quickly. He's almost done his part, but I think he'll have more work to do to support his team mates through their bits too. We got to downtown and went out to supper in a Thai restaurant that was really good but VERY Hot, needed tons more rice to have been somewhat less tear-y and sweaty while eating! Went for dessert at this cute cafe/restaurant with tons of atmosphere, then we were really late to get to the Kids in the Hall show.
We got there just as the first skit was finishing, it looked silly so I didn't mind, I was worried we'd have missed a lot more. We sat in our 2nd row, center seats (woohoo me!) and enjoyed the two-hour show. At one point, Kevin Macdonald came and sat in the chair next to Chris and warned him that he would be in the next skit too! It was the head crushing guy who had a camera with him, and they broadcast the camera footage of the audience on the big screens. After squishing several audience members' heads, he pointed his camera at Kevin who was dressed up not unlike Strawberry shortcake, and proceeded to "finger" "her" "breasts" and other bits via the camera and screen which was just odd... but odder was that in "her" "orgasmic performance" Kevin grabbed Chris' and the other guy on the other side of him's heads and squashed them onto her, and also put his leg up on Chris and put his hand down Chris' shirt. It was so funny but SO disturbing! I love the kids in the hall, but sometimes I just get more freaked than laughing (like the chicken lady! Uhg!) Anyhow, the show was great, the guys were hillarious and kept cracking up. Chris had a really great time too, which was very cool.
We took the train back to his place, then drove back to my place, and went to bed. This morning, I did marathon dishes, cleaned up a bit around the house, and I'm about to go to the office and do school work there. Going to try jogging again today and working out, followed by a long meeting in the afternoon, then big nachos at a pub and bowling. Been a pretty good week.
posted by traxis @ 9:08 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home