I'm now participating in: golf, yoga, ballroom dancing, running, working out, slo-pitch (softball); plus two nights of D&D (new game; human fighter 2nd level - I have a +7 2d6+4 MW greatsword with a 17-20/x2 critical - NICE!)
However, things with school aren't going as well. My supervisor and I had a sit down about my progress, which is slow, very slow. But really, I'm just frustrated and tired with this project.
The office is going well, the new job is actually a lot less work than my old job. Less meetings, more directed work, and we have so much more support now than before. It's also really nice to have such a dedicated team of co-workers. It's especially great to have Chris around, he makes sure I'm okay no matter what stresses come about. I'm still spending too much time at work and not enough with school, I know, but I'm trying to fix that.
Hmmm, over the last few weeks been quite busy with Chris, we've gone to the driving range a couple times, ran errands a lot, gone out to some restaurants, and just hanging out. He's working really hard on school work and he'll be going away next week back home for a few days to see his sister at her graduation. It'll be a little wierd not having him around for those few days, but it'll be even tougher when he goes away to Japan for a conference thing, or when I go home for two-weeks in August. Anyways, the first going-away won't be so bad, my parents will be here and I'll be kept busy taking care of them. I have a huge schedule all planned for them - this is important since I remember how utterly bored I was when I went home. It'll be fun to go sightseeing with them, going to shows, going out ballroom dancing, and all that kind of stuff. Should be good.
What else? Got golf clubs. Yes, my own set. So weird. They'll be a birthday gift from my parents, but they were such a great deal I had to get them right away. Half set of Fairway EP for women, and a really nice bag.
Oh yeah, last weekend, went to Greg's birthday on Friday, rather silly drunken fun. Tried to play ping pong against Chris, was terrible. Damn reduced eye-hand coordination! Greg and Brad wrestled for us, scary how strong they were! Anyhow, left before they all went to the Casino. I don't like the casino.
Saturday we went to the mall and ate at the Spaghetti Factory there - tons and tons of food! Got a french onion soup (yum!), spaghetti with meatballs, garlic bread, bottomless iced tea, coffee, and spumoni ice cream - all for 15$! Very nice! We drove around for a bit running errands, then Chris dropped me off at home. He had a concert to go to with Neil in the evening, and I had tons of laundry to do and just some relaxing too. But then, I noticed that I hurt a lot and felt bad when peeing and other very yucky stuff, so I grabbed my jacket and crossed the road to the hospital. When I checked in and explained my symptoms the nurse asked if I too had a UTI (bladder infection)... that had never crossed my mind, but as soon as she said that, I was like, that's what this is. Anyhow, I decided I should get it checked out anyway, so I waited. But the longer I waited the more much-sicker looking people showed up, who'd get seen before me. At about midnight, I went home to get food, and I looked on the internet for symptoms and treatments, and found that most UTI's could be treated at home. I think webMD is just great! So thorough. Then I called the Health Link telephone service out here where a nurse helps you out by helping you diagnose and tell you what you need to do (go to hospital, go to doctor, fix it yourself, etc.). She said not to worry and suggested I drink lots of fluids and stuff, but to go to the doctor the next day. Did that Sunday morning, and they suggested I wait before getting antibiotics. It went away, but man was I worried! Ladies, believe me, this was not a fun weekend!
Tomorrow Chris and I are going to go out for dinner at a Thai restaurant, then to the KIDS IN THE HALL performance! Friday we have meetings in the day, followed by BIG nachos at a pub then bowling. Saturday morning we'll be going golfing (!) then probably taking it easy in the evening... I'd like to see Ocean's 11 , and Sunday means more D&D. Monday we have our monthly big meeting (should be interesting), followed immediately by the first ballroom dancing class. Tuesday I have yoga, then slo-pitch, then Mum and Dad get into town. Wednesday tour of campus and the neighbourghood and a BBQ to introduce my parents to everyone, then a quick trip to the Mall on Thursday and off to Calgary and the mountains for the long weekend! Chris'll be gone from Wednesday to Monday. Sad!
Okay, getting redundant now.
posted by traxis @ 10:53 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home