Saturday, June 29, 2002

I am incredibly grumpy right now. I have done absolutely nothing fun in the last week. I've done work and watched a LOT of tv and movies. I feel all out of shape, but I don't really want to do anything about it. I am bored out of my skull and can't think of anything fun to do instead. I stayed in last night, again, and have no real plans for the rest of the weekend. Neil has asked me to go for beer or to Ikea with him, but although it's very nice of him to call and ask, I rather hang with Neil in small doses. Especially since nearly each time we hang out he wants to end the night with beer. You know what? I don't like beer, I'm not crazy about most bars because the service absolutely sucks, the waitresses are hired solely for their looks, and since I like ciders, mixed drinks and iced tea, I end up paying crazy bucks for my 1 or 2 drinks out. I also don't like the smokiness or the leary guys. There are some nice places to go for a drink, but most people I know save the martini bars for special occasions. Whatever. I also know that I will be hanging out with Neil a whole lot less when Chris is back, so I don't want to treat him like a filler-friend.
Okay, I think I've ranted enough.
Yesterday I was bad, I got KFC for dinner. Oh, sweet deal! No cooking, lotsa chicken, yummy seasonings! The fries and gravy there are gross, the macaroni salad was runnier than I remember, but still okay, and I got more wings in the bucket than I though I'd be getting, but it still was very nummy.
I went to get library books today (liberry!) and got home apparently just in time. There's now a thunderstorm on, and I'm sitting all nice on my balcony enjoying the rain noise, about to do work, plugged in, and listening to good old' Treebeard.
Only 48 hours till Chris gets home! I can't wait! Unfortunately our plans for Canada day are going to be rather drastically changed... there won't be any fireworks on the legislature hill since it's been too dry and the crap from the trees (like dandelion fluff) has been so abundant that adding fireworks to the mix would be a perfect equation for forest fires! Not good. So, depending on how things are, we may just stay in or go to the park or something.
Ooh, now there's lightnening! Cool!
Funny how gloomy weather has made me fell better!
Perhaps will put on Portishead and get some incense burning, could be quite comfortingly goth - how drole!

posted by traxis @ 2:44 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary