Thursday, July 04, 2002

This guy at the office sounds just like Austen Powers.

Well Chris is back, and my life is back to order too. Not sure if he's really the cause of it all but it sure is nice to hang out with again. He got in late on Monday, hish flight from Vancouver to Edmonton was cancelled and there were lots of delays getting people rebooked and on the right way. I sat it through at the airport and he was very happy to see me there for him. We got back to his place, unpacked and unwound a bit. He got me this beautiful robe-thing which is I think called a Yakada (?) and it's like a kimono but made out of cotton. It's red with white flowers and he also got me an "obi" which is the belt/sash that goes with it, and it's gorgeous, bright red on one side and gold on the other. I've worn the robe around home a bit, I need to hem it so it doesn't trail on the floor, but I think it would be very cool to wear to a function all done up.

Monday night we went out to supper at the Greek restaurant in the market area and watched all the idiot people crusing down the street waving flags and honking horns and acting, well, like idiots. I would not have been surprised if another riot errupted, people were being such obnoxious jackasses. It was novel at first, seeing everyone being "patriotic", but really, they just wanted to show off and get lots of attention and stuff. Blah. We stayed in and looked at all Chris' pictures from his trip and made our OWN fireworks, thank you very much!

Tuesday was back to school, lots of working on our paper and sending files back and forth. I did so much work, and also did office work too. I was pretty exhausted by the end of the day. I went home and chilled for a while, then went to the driving range with Neil, I was doing okay until I scrapped my 3 wood against the concrete pad and took a big scratch out of the bottom. Not happy. Anyways, it's mostly superficial so I don't think it will impair the performance of the club. Listen to me! I'm a total geek! After that, I came home and watched Jimmy Neutron, boy genius on DVD, and holy fuck was it a great and fun movie! I definitely recommend it.

Wednesday (yesterday) was very full of work too. I had a few office meetings and did more school work from here. I think we're nearly done our project so that will be one less thing to think about. I only have to focus on my second year project now, which is actually going well right now. Had lunch with Greg and Brad, talked about people and I guess gossiped a bit too, it was good. Brad was in a sort of mood all day, I think because he has to get car repairs done that will cost and arm and a leg, but he was being very particular about everything and it was often targetted at me. Whatever. Went home, had a nap, then got ready for dance class. We learned the Argentinian Tango which was very difficult and ver unnatural to learn. It was still fun and it looks great when you know how to do it, but I didn't know how to do it! After class we ran some errands, then Chris made dinner while I did office work, and then hung out before going to sleep.

This morning, woke up, went to the tax office to get my reassesment checked over, and after much work from the officer's side, didn't get the totals deducted any further. Grrr. Chris was very worried about my money situation, which was sweet but also made me a little uncomfortable. The last thing I want is another person to be like my dad who's nosy and gets in my business when it comes to money. It makes me feel bad when I spend anything in front of them, and thus I get into some wierd covert behaviour. Not fun. Anyhow, I will figure things out without Chris, then have a sit down with him to explain that I don't want him to worry about money on my behalf. I think that will solve the problem.

Now, going to go do more work for school, have lunch, then go do jogging and work out with Chris. Tonight, will watch The Right Stuff that I rented and will take it easy. Tomorrow is Friday (Thank god!) and this weekend is due to be pretty fun - going to the beach on Saturday then we have a dance social in the evening. Might go to dance practice on Sunday too, and would like to go to the driving range if it's nice. Must also vaccuum.

posted by traxis @ 11:01 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary