Golfing was terrible, but fun. I have become a golf snob, I'll only play with my own clubs from now on, no more rental stuff. Also, had a saussage and egg Mc'Muffin which dribbled grease all over my beige (beige!) polo shirt and shorts.
Dad bought me a pair of sweatpants (cute ones) and a hoodie. Very happy with these, will use them for sure when I get back to Edmonton (overnight temps of 5C, daytime highs of 9C, snow to the south west of the city!).
Yesterday we went to the market for a while, it was rather gross and full of garbage. There's a Hooters where the Burger King used to be on Dalhousie street, and there's hookers out at 9 pm. Sad. Wasn't able to get another Cows' ice cream (wanted to try "Gooey Mooey"), so we went to Timmy's so I could get the long sought "Apple n' Spice" donut that isn't available in western Canada. SO YUMMY. Watched Time Machine with the family, it was super great.
Today woke up early after talking to Chris until nearly 1 am, then reading till nearly 3 am. Talked with Paula to help her out with a problem, then went back to sleep for a while. Dreamt of the housing department of the university and them messing up arangement - I had to live in this 2 suite "apartment" in the basement of my building where everything was unfinished and I had a marsh of mold and algea in my shower. Something about being in bed with Mad Side Girl and Leanne and this cute gay kid from last year's housing committee... not sure.
Woke up for good, went to see The Human Body at the IMAX in Hull/Gatineau. It was pretty damn good... didn't feel nauseated by anything at all (except the birth scene, GAG!) and there was a fair amount of new footage. I think I saw "the making of" on tv at some point.
Anyways, after, went to lunch at Chinese buffet, which was good and glutonous. Had Jello (red) for the first time in nearly 10 years... it's not very good.
Went to the dentist, found out I have a proto-cavity, which is basically the beginning of a cavity. I couldn't believe it. I've been using my beloved Oral-B cross action toothbrushes and the Total Colgate whitening toothpaste, and I've got a cavity. They'll drill it out tomorrow and fill it with white plasticy stuff. Shouldn't hurt apparently, and won't need anesthetic. We'll see. I have now broken my track record of perfect adult teeth. Uhg. Quite sad about this actually.
Went to dancing again with my parents tonight... it was like a Pension Plan line up... uhg. Didn't enjoy it much. Learned some more stuff from my dad, but that was all the good stuff. Whatever. Left to have supper, of mixed greens with vinegrette, and shrimp linguini in a creamy sundried tomato pesto sauce. Had a (strawberry?) Zinfendel too. After that, met up with the rest of my family, came home, and celebrated David's birthday... I got him a Ghostbusters t-shirt (retro!) and my parents got him very practical house things (pots, pans, cutlery) for when he moves out (his request). Had cake, and sat around and talked for a bit. Now, just waiting.
Waiting for calls back from people; specifically - Kalgash, who may hang out with me next week - go do something fun.
posted by traxis @ 9:32 p.m.


» Home