Sunday, July 28, 2002

In the last 36 hours I've been in three different provinces - boy am I exhausted.
Thursday afternoon, Chris and I went to the second golf lesson around 7 pm. It was excellent, like the first. The instructor was so patient and easy going that it was not stressful at all and I really feel that I'm making huge progress with the classes. We learned how to use our woods and also reviewed the irons. Everything made perfect sense, and we learned so much in that hour. After the class, we went down to the market and hung out for a while. We had light late-suppers on a patio (had a yummy brie, zuchinni, tomato and grilled-pepper-tartinade sandwich with a lovely house salad), and then walked around for a while. Grant and Tamsen passed by and I saw her engagement ring, it was pretty but nothing necessarily unique or especially sentimental. I guess it's not the ring but the meaning it caries, but I dunno - it would be way nicer to get some kind of family heirloom or else something that is really indicative of your personality. Whatever.
Friday was nice, I did lots of work early in the morning, and completed everything I could by 1 pm. Then we all went out to go see Goldmember which was pretty good, and everyone enjoyed themselves lots. After the movie, I ran an errand with Cam and Chris at the mall, then we visited Cam's new place. It was pretty nice, and I was a little jealous because they are allowed to have a fire pit in their backyard - I don't think Vivian our landlord would go for that. After that, we ran a few more errands, and were about to head out for 9 holes of golf when Chris called the course to find out that there weren't any tee-times available. So we, ahem, had our own fun!
We took off to get sushi at 7 pm because we were supposed to meet Neil at 8:30 to go see David Wilcox. We ran into Neil on the subway, so we all went out to dinner together. We passed through the Taste of Edmonton festival (lots of restaurants offer tidbits of food for cheap - but it would be a lot of lining up and not much food), so instead we went to the pub and had a great meal - except it started pooring and we were forced inside from the lovely patio. After supper we figured we'd take the risk of getting rained on and go to the concert anyways. Good thing we did because, although it was quite chilly, there was no more rain. David Wilcox was a good performer, but a total goof. Neil and Chris had a great time and that made me really happy. After the concert, we wandered around for a while, rode a few rides, played a few carnie games, Neil and Chris went on the rollercoaster and I stayed with my two feet on the ground and watched. I'm not a whimp, I tried it, I just don't like it.
The one crazy thing was that we went to play Bingo, and I won so I got a dart board! We'll put it up in our crazy basement that'll be a gamesroom/workshop/workout room/storage place/brewery.
Saturday we woke up early, cleaned my place up, went to breakfast, ran an errand, then passed by a few garage sales at which I bought a used lawnmower (20$!) for the house (I own a lawnmower!) then headed down to the airport. I got on the plane with no problems and read my book Not wanted on the voyage by Timothy Findlay and napped the whole way. (Really good book). Got into Ottawa about 3 and a half hours later, went out to supper with my family, had good but MSG-full Chinese food, then went to what I thought would be a Treebeard concert in downtown with my brother.
Treebeard cancelled their show - their bassist broke his leg that day.
Grrr.
So David and I went walking around the market, had nummy nummy Cows' ice cream, then stopped in at a pub that had cool sounding celtic music. That's where we discovered Quagmire. These 4 young guys played crazy good celtic and maritime music, and the fiddler and his friend (not in the band) had step-dance competitions during the songs. It was just great. Took a few pictures because the night was so much fun. David ordered a beer and had, I swear, three sips then let it sit. Funny kid.
Got home in good time, went to bed.
Saturday (today) got up wicked early, and went to Montreal for the day. Met up with relatives, walked around, then went to lunch at (again) a Chinese restaurant. Was a good girl and picked up the tab - tried to do it subtlely but people made a huge fuss about trying to pay their share. Whatever, I just wanted to do it. Anyhow, then we went shopping. Got 3 pairs of Frisk panties from Urban Outfitters (see links to your left!) and a polo shirt and a scarf. Good stuff. Walked around a bit more, then headed for a different part of town to go have supper and do some ballroom dancing. It was okay, but it would have been way more fun with Chris there. Learned a few new steps - that was cool.
That's about it for now, going to call Chris to tell him how much fun I've been having (!) and then get to bed. Tuesday going to go golfing with David (which will be interesting since he's never picked up a club in his life and were doing a full 18 holes! Ack!), and hopefully the IMAX movie on the human body sometime early this week too.

posted by traxis @ 8:45 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary