Thursday, July 25, 2002

I don't mean to sound rude or disrespectful... but I just don't get the World Youth Day stuff going on in Toronto, or the fervor over the Pope visiting. It's like actually scary to see all these kids craying and shaking that they had met the Pope or were in his presence. The newspapers here have been plastering pictures of the Pope and all the newscasts have long segments on how excited people are about this visit. I dunno, maybe I'm jaded or cynical or something. And to think that this is such a big thing for enough people that it's like on the news all the time, well that bothers me too. I just don't see it.

posted by traxis @ 10:14 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary