Sunday, July 21, 2002

What a great weekend! We went out to the mountains on Friday, had a great time on the road down. It was beautiful. Set up camp and made a little fire. We chilled out for the most part, it was nice and clear so we could see some stars. It had rained earlier in the day so it was cool, but there were also mosquitoes, tons of them. At first the bug spray and the smoke from the fire helped to keep them away, but they're persistent buggers.
Saturday morning, we woke up, made pancakes for breakfast, then went to the hot springs and it was just great, so warm and relaxing. We chilled out there for over an hour. We went back to the camp site for lunch, and it was filled with bees and more mosquitoes, argh! We went to the village in Jasper and hung out there for a while, it was very nice. Chris looked for a sweatshirt and I had a very yummy ice cream. After that, we went to a hiking trail by the river that was an underground source and created rapids and a waterfall and stuff, which was cool. The hike was like 6 kms long, so I was pretty exhausted by the end of the night. We went back to the camp, made a very yummy supper of chicken and veggie stir fry, then went to sleep. The mosquitoes were a pain in the ass, and I was getting really crabby about having them eat me alive, so we went to sleep. I was also getting anoyed at all the stupid moths in the bathroom (I hate moths!) and the mice and other creepy crawleys.
We got up pretty early today, Chris was up earlier than I and started cleaning up and heated up breakfast too. Such a nice guy! We ate, packed up, then went to hike near the hot springs. We went about 4 kms saw lots of very pretty wildflowers and the hot spring source (smelly!) and some neat rocks (took one that Chris found for me, with little fossils all in it). We went back to the hotsprings and soaked some more. So nice!
After that, we went to the nearby town for lunch, the headed back home. We got back into town at about 6 pm, I helped Chris unload stuff at his house, then we went for dinner at the noodle house. Came back to my house, I unpacked, talked with my parents, watched a Simpsons marathon, and now I'm watchign Hedwig and the Angry Inch and I totally want to get the soundtrack. Such good stuff.
This week, going to see two didffernt bands at the city fair, have my second golf lesson, and dance class. We'll also try to go see Goldmember the new Austen Powers movie this week before I go back home for the conference.
Oh, and will do lots and lots of work tomorrow. Yes, must do that.
Anyways, it was such a great weekend. Yay!

posted by traxis @ 10:20 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary