Monday was a pain in the ass because we had the stupid monthly meeting and it was terrible... some idiot guy kept usurping us and speaking completely out of line. I got very mad but wasn't able to do anything. Frustrating. After the meeting, I helped to clean up then went home to read my stupid article. It was long and totally dull.
Tuesday went to math group, and did an okay job of asking and answering questions. I also got more work to do for the meeting we needed to schedule on Wednesday night. I went home, did some work, rested a bit, then had a tuna sub for lunch. After lunch, went to meet Chris to go work out and jog and play racquetball, except that we couldn't go jogging because he didn't bring his running shoes, just his court shoes, so we tried to play racquetball but all the proper courts were being used by a summer camp. Finally, we found a squash court and it was pretty fun. I stayed 30 minutes more after Chris left for a meeting so I could practice, then went to the office to drop stuff off then went home. Was about to BBQ a smokie saussage for supper, but pulled on the propane tank and took out a whole chunk of piping by accident. Not sure if I broke it, but don't know if I can fix it myself! Argh. After supper, went to the driving range with Neil which was pretty good. I'm getting better slowly but surely. Then we went for beer and then the fun part of the story comes....
Good news: Looks like we got the house! We've got a tour scheduled for today at 5 pm to sign the lease, put down the damage deposit and take measurements and pictures of the rooms.
Bad news: The money I had asked the bank to tranfer for me so I could pay the damage deposit never got transfered. I called to figure out what was going on and they said it would take about a week to get it forwarded.
Good news: I got an emergency student loan for the deposit amount, so it is all okay afterall.
Bad news: I still have to live at my apartment for another month, where....
I FOUND A MOUSE
A furry little tiny grey mouse living in my shoe closet.
The bastard got in through the hole in my kitchen wall under the sink in the cupboard where builders took out a panel so that plumbing renovations could be made.
OVER A YEAR AND A HALF AGO.
I asked over and over for the last 18 months to get the panel put back on properly, to no avail... and now the mouse is getting in (and out!) through there.
Chris put out some traps (and has been checking on them) for me, but god knows that I don't want to be there when the trap goes off... or knowing that a little mousey is running around my house trying to find a new place to make a nest. Uhg. Also, he could be in any of my shoes or jackets in that closet... (shudder!)
I hate killing animals, bugs too, but I really DO NOT WANT THIS THING IN MY HOME!
Uhg.
posted by traxis @ 12:40 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home