Saturday, April 05, 2003

Uhg, So I'm incredibly sick and other than a few meeting last monday, I haven't been at school all week. I completely lost my voice, and have been exhausted, coughing, sneezing, and totally snott-riddent for the last week. I've slept a great deal and the rest of the time I've pretty much spent in front of the TV. Very very borring. Went to two doctors. The first one was a total quack, didn't understand that I needed a note to explain my absence from school, and didn't prescribe me anything - said I should drink tea, like herbal tea, like "cranberry". Jackass. The second one gave me a handwritten note to postpone my statistics exam and go "In progress" for the rest of next term, then he prescribed me cough syrup with a whollup of Codene in it, and an inhaller for easing breathing. That's a good man.

Other news, been accepted to present our lab's research at a conference in Hamilton in mid-June, so will be in Ottawa around my birthday. Paula should be there too for her sister's wedding. A paper I submitted to a journal was rejected on very stupid grounds. Jeff isn't impressed with the adjudication process, so we're going to send it off to another journal instead of bothering with their stupid revisions. Finally, still waiting for results on the "general awards" which range from $2K to $30K scholarships. They were supposed to post the results on Friday, but still haven't done that.

The conference went flawlessly on Friday last week. Sessions ran perfectly on time, the high school students which were visiting were great, tons showed up, and moreover, they contributed and learned a lot. The pizza lunch was a hit, and the food at the coffee breaks were very much appreciated. There was Starbucks coffee, which was a pain to get up to the conference room (it fell over 3 times - stupid delivery person) and luckily my cream-coloured suit somehow absorbs or camouflages coffee stains perfectly. AMAZING! That is DEFINITELY going to come in handy.

Other news? Things just going okay other than being very very very sick out here. Chris and I are having a great time going out to dinners, hanging out at home, watching movies, and getting ready for the summer. The weather was so fantastic about a week and a half ago that we were able to bike around (I LOVE LOVE LOVE my bike), but then this stupid second winter hit and it's bloddy cold and yucky out. Got about half our snow back too. Yuck.

Okay - must re-codeene.

posted by traxis @ 7:53 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary