Monday, May 19, 2003

What a fantastic week. Went out a bunch of times with some of my new friends, and was rather productive, despite several frustrating set backs.
Monday
Got up in good time, went to school with my bike, did some work in psychology, then went out to dinner with Chris at Kyoto for sushi. Went to the GSA Council meeting which was long and rather dull. Was surprised to find out that the business plan bid had gone to a student company - a competitor of the company I was supposed to work for. I guess it wasn't meant to be for me.

Tuesday
Woke up early again, biked to school. Did some testing for my research which didn't work too well, then went over to a faculty member's retirement party. It was a nice time. Only stayed for like an hour, but chatted with someone from the administration who's been on sabatical, then biked home in record time. Nothing much in the evening, just took it easy and watched the next-to-last episode of Buffy.

Wednesday
Got in to school kinda late, and for some reason was totally unproductive. Was flip floping between actual work, junky stuff for the GSA, and putting finishing touches on my Shadowrun character. Got very frustrated with my pirated PDF's of the manuals and my lack of a Rigger book, that I wrote a call-out e-mail to the group asking if anyone wanted to go out for lunch and then go buy some stuff from the 1 good RPG store in town. Only Dan 46 wrote back, and invited me to go have lunch with some other CS people. So I went, and talked with them, decompressed, then sussed things out with Colin, our GM. Took the bus to the market area, went shopping for a few things (felt horrible in addition to looking horible) so went home, had a nice long shower, pampered myself, then went back to school by bike looking and feeling much much better. Went over to Dan's and played for a little while, getting used to how the game works and what our characters can do. We then packed up and went to the Matrix. It was a good movie, but I hadn't seen Matrix 1 in several years and wasn't up to speed on any of the story, so I wasn't clear on what was going on. Went home by car, then went to bed - it was like 2 am.

Thursday
Met early in the morning with Jeff and my RA Elizabeth to test kids - we had major major problems with the questions and frustratingly need to throw the results from this and all the previous kids out. It was so upsetting. After it was done, went to the office, and took my bike to go to lunch with Chris and Dan. After having goofed off for a while, went back to work then home. Don't remember what we did that night really.

Friday
After a few meetings during the day, went home early to run some errands. Kids came over to play Monopoly for money which was great fun, and then Trivial Pursuit. Dan and I were paired and we were totally useless - we'd mention 2 options for the answer and then choose the wrong one of the two a s our final answer. Couldn't remember Donatella Verscace's first name. Lots of drinks, good times.

Saturday
Not so good. Chris was very unhappy, thinking that Dan has/had a crush on me and that things weren't going to go well between us. Aparently Dave told him that Dan was out romancing me at lunch, and then he just started interpreting stuff that would probably otherwise be neutral. I don't know. I was frustrated because I was "in trouble" when I had nothing to do with it, and nothing could be done! Yes, it's possible that a friend has a crush on me, and I'm rather flattered if that is the case. I like attention, who doesn't. Plus he's one of these guys that is just fun to be comfortable with and maybe a little flirty - like a gay boyfriend, but I guess this one isn't gay. I don't know. He has such good raport with all these girls, I don't see me being treated any differently really. Anyhow, after a very big blow out, Chris simmered down and we went out to lunch. Ran a few more errands then went to Dan P.'s and Alison's for dinner. Very good evening there, and Chris didn't bring anything up again.

Sunday
Woke up early, went to brunch at the cute Bavarian restaurant with the gang, then we reassembled shortly after for bowling. Bought a weedwacker on the way there - deal at a garage sale for $5. Played a few rounds of bowling, and some video games. Dan P. won a plush cat which was ridiculously funny in the car. Then brought the party over to WEM where we went to Playdium for more fun. At about 8 pm group started to split to go home. Dropped the kids off who live by our house, and Chris and I had leftovers for supper along with some TV watching.

Monday, Victoria Day
Another fantastic day. Morning of more chores, followed by BBQ and picnic in the park with the gang. Played soccer in birkenstocks - not a good idea. Went to the grocers for more snacks, then to Dan and Colin's for the Buffy Finale. It was good, but not super amazing great - I wanted more relationshipy stuff, less corny-ness, and less "wow, looky here, just wear this conveniently found necklace and it'll do EXACTLY what you need it to in this situation" crap. Anyhow, it was nice how they fixed the ending so that there's an open door for whatever Angel/Spike shows there will be to come or those potential movie deals.

Tuesday
Back to school - had a meeting early in the morning with my supervisory committee. Didn't cry, though felt horrible. They kept suggesting different programs I might want to switch to, not very encouraging for me at all. I mean, I am not totally gung ho on my degree as it is, and this certainly wasn't helping. The big evaluation is on Friday, where I have no say whatsoever, and other faculty in the department who don't me at all get to pick if I can continue in the program or not. Uhg. After that, went to do some work for my RA position, then took my bike to get the Sex and the City season 4 dvd and the Shape of Life documentary series on dvd too. Rode home, changed, then watched nearly the whole first disk (that's like 6 hours). Chris came home, went to run a few errands - stuff to organize the office - then I took him out to the nice steak house, The Moose Factory, for dinner. Had Chilean Sea Bass with Balsamic vinegar reduction. Good. Went home, watched one or two more episodes then went to bed.

Wednesday
Woke up late, decided to stay home. Watched SATC all day while typing up notes and work. Didn't get tons done, but felt better. Got myself some cute sport sandals from the mall by our house to use for biking. After having made Thai Noodle Salad for dinner, jumped in the shower, got dressed, then headed to Shadowrun. Was a bit late, but it was a very good night. Joked around a lot, teased Dan (his character is half goat - how CAN"T you make fun of that!) and played my character very well I think. Walked towards home with Dan P. and then rode the rest of the way.

Thursday
Came in to school today with high hopes of getting work done. Did a bunch of things that I had been putting off in the morning, then wanted to go out for lunch. Got a call from Chirs about going to Sushi with Dan L. so I said Yes! Had a good lunch, then on the way back to the office saw a poster for the Dears. Have now made plans with Chris and Colin to go see them the day I get back from Ottawa.

So that's been the week (and a bit) - things are kinda wierd, what with not knowing my academic future, and some silly little feelings for Dan L. I just want some chill time - hopefully the decision on Friday won't be too troubling, and will take the weekend to relax and have fun. Will go back to data collecting next week, and simply just do my work for school.

posted by traxis @ 2:51 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary