Have struck a new gaming group, same people as before, but now with Dan L. and Colin. It looks promising. Will be playing Shadowrun, and that means buying all new books. Yay. But, I'm excited because I'm thinking of creating an electronics/ballistics specialist. I think that would be very cool. Unfortunately, won't get miniatures for this game - we'll still play our other, D&D game, but likely in marathon sessions when we can afford the time for such a thing. I think the games are going to be much MUCH more enjoyable with more of my closer, new friends there.
Easter! I forgot! The Easter Bunny/Chris got me some cute chocolate turtles (not like the turtles caramel-y candy, but easter chocolate in the shape of 4 turtles), and an Easter Lily - those of you who remember from last year will recall that Chris gives this plant to the special women in his family; eg. his mum, his sister, and before, his grandma. It was very special to receive on again. We made a big turkey dinner with all the fixin's and had Dan P. over for dinner. I unfortunately have been marking papers for both my and the other school in the city (money), and was trying to get some done for Easter Monday. Well, that meant marking while the guys were watching TV and playing. Sigh, almost done, never EVER want to mark for a "university-college" again. The kids there are retarded - they have sentence fragments, don't know where to put the apostrophe and the 's' in its, it's and person's (will not replicate their gramatical attrocities here). I mean, I don't spell or write very nicely in e-mails or on blog, but in formal papers, YES, you HAVE TO! Whatever, it pays 10$ an hour.
What happened to that awesome job? I have no frigging clue. I am still waiting to hear back from them re: May start, but they were supposed to call back on Tuesday and it is now Thursday. I will give them until Monday and then will call them. I leave on Tuesday so I want to know before I go to Phoenix. More specifically, I have 2 4-hour stop overs in Minneapolis - location of the MALL OF AMERICA, and am planning to shop shop shop if I have this job. I have been fairly good this year, and am in a clothing transition (lost 15 pounds since last September!) Anyhow, we shall see; want to shop at: Hot Topic (land of cute t-shirts, and kinda punky/goth stuff, for old-times sake), Wizards of the Coast store (yes, the store exists there, nuff said), Victoria Secrets (MYOB!), bebe, Express, Old Navy (they have EXCELLENT deals on VERY CUTE clothes there) and some of the other cute stores that I saw there two years ago but can't remember their names cause they aren't up here.
Anyhow, have also been very good about school; have completed one course, which I got an 8.7/9 for my last paper, and have been data collecting for my psychology degree required study. Will be presenting another study at the conference next week, but things are going well. Okay, I don't really have more to say right now, perhaps may write later on today - need to get to school and Chris is taking his sweet time in the shower. ARGH!
posted by traxis @ 7:03 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home