Friday, July 18, 2003

So Chris is coming home in a few minutes! The last couple of days have been really good, busy and fun.

Monday - Went to school, got some errands done, went to work out, and then rode home. Worked at home, then went back to school for Council. Council went really well - I think I may have a solution for Guaranteed funding of grad students.

Tuesday - Worked from home for most of the day - went to coffee with T, who's going back to Ontario soon. Things were okay, but she's still very intense (bordering on obsessive) about relationships, and was on some kind of astronomy kick. Very odd. Anyhow, that wasn't too bad, and it was really nice to get to see her one last time.

Went to Chapters, where I saw Daniel Richler! One of Mordechai's kids who had this most awesome TV show in the 90's called "Big Life". He's now hosting "Richler Ink" on CBC, a topical book show. He looked exactly like I thought he would in real life - tall, skinny, pale with the hip prof-guy suit: Black pants & jacket with a Sisters of Mercy black t-shirt. I was star struck - this is the guy who had a show about all the cool things back in Undergrad. And he was, for some reason, at Chapters in Edmonton. I debated whether or not to go say "hi" as I trailed him around Chapters sipping on my grande mocha frapp. In the end, I chickened out - I called the one person who was still in town who might know Daniel Richler, Dan 46, and spazed out on the phone. He wasn't any help - he didn't know Daniel Richler from anyone, but was funny. I decided not to say 'hi' because I mean, after saying "You are so cool" what else do you say??? Sigh.

Went to see "Spellbound" at the indie theather with the girls - film was great, but you were so drawn in, and it became very stressful watching these kids spell! Excellent documentary - I won't give away anything else.

Wednesday - my busiest day of the week! Was going to go work out, but found out some applications and other forms were due before 11 am, so busted my butt trying to get those done and in on time. Dropped off the materials, ran some more errands, then went to lunch with 46. Very very yummy sushi and great fun. Went to a meeting with Jody who taught me how to code data, then went off to go data collect, which was less than stellar. Came back south to go to dinner with Kyla and past/present members of the GSA office. That was a lot of fun - got to know a few girls whom I worked with a lot better. Also found out that Lee went to the same conference as X and they discussed knowing me! Canada is so freaking small! It started to pour during dinner and I had to walk to the bus in the rain, walk home from the bus, and deal with the watery mess that occured because I left the window open upstairs.

Thursday - yesterday, blew off more school to go to IKEA with the girls. Biked to meet them, then went via truck to a lovely, leisurely 3 hour shopping escapade. Pair the biggest retail space in Alberta, with three girls, and lots of relationship discussion, very very girly morning. Went to the Olive Garden for lunch, and kept on blabbing. It was fantastic. Got back in the afternooon, and watched movies (Heavenly Creatures, the Messenger and Two Weeks Notice - the first two were fantastic, the last pure crap).

Friday - today. Woke up in very good time, went to run errands, mail off requests for refunds, pick up offprints, and get groceries. Cleaned up the house a bit, and now waiting for Chris to get back! Hurray!

posted by traxis @ 1:10 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary