Chris is in TO right now, and I've done very little in terms of real productivity of activity. Wanted to go see an improv show yesterday, but with the chance of tornadoes and the lack of a automatic car, I felt better staying at home. Today was supposed to go to a friend's going-away party, but I have this wicked headache, so I just want to stay at home.
Did go out this morning - walked to D&A's to water their plants, then went to the farmer's market. Got some kiwi jam. Walked around Whyte Ave for a while, then had a fallafel and some very yummy pea and potato curry soup for lunch at Mosaics - this guy came to share my table (which is okay) but kept talking to/at me about Harry Potter 5, which I was trying to read, and blah blah blah. A bit frustrating. On my way home, stopped by a sidewalk sale to get a few deals - bought 2 frames for $1 each - these are the same as one I bought for my mom at $7 - I am Christmas shopping already!
I think I was reasonable with money today, spending less than $25 including lunch... Watched part of 24-hour party people which just sucked and was loud and annoying - so turned it off. Watched Maid in Manhattan which didn't suck as much, was quiet and totaly bland. That Fienes guy is made of wood.
Yesterday watched a few movies after sending Chris off and then going to the nearby mall to pick up a Canada Day kite I won (yay!) and some groceries. I watched Rules of attraction which was quite good - in a Trainspotting-esque way, and How to loose a guy in 10 days which was pretty borring and bland too. They need to find more romantic comedy men who are actually cute and can act - like Orlando Bloom, or Jude Law, or hell, even Alan Rickman (glah!) I mean, really - Matthew McConohey (whatever spelling) and Ralph Fiennes? Blah! Yucky boring white men! Gimme someone with a bit of mystery - like Jeff Goldblum! Please!
Okay - so I have one movie left from my "get movies that Chris would NEVER want to see with me" pile - Two weeks notice which I think will suck very much too.
I am going to try to rent some better moview for the rest of the week - like Frida and myabe Y tu mama tabien I dunno - I've not had much luck recently.
However, when a movie kinda sucks, I'm able to get a whole lot done - like ironing, mending, and making a new summer display/wreath to hang on the front door. I also don't have to bother pausing the film to go get a snack. Yup - I'm bored, but apathetic and not doing much about it - SO THERE.
(sigh) Only 6 more days till Chris gets back!
posted by traxis @ 5:57 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home