How stupid is that? Well pretty damn stupid, but whatever. It'll be way cheaper and less of a headache than looking all over town and then moving with a big van in a 24-hour period.
The house across the street is almost exactly the same as our house, just with more walls seperating spaces upstairs and in the front door section. It's not any smaller or bigger. The two downsides are that (1) it doesn't have the airtight stove/fireplace in the living room, and (2) the basement is pretty much useless other than as storage. However, there are two upsides too - (1) the furnace is much better, and the waterheater is brand new, and (2) there's a garage with a power door for us to use as workspace and storage space. So, it's sort of balances out. The same is happening with the lawn - the yard is much bigger, but the garden section needs to be weeded big time. We'll need to dig up our plants, cary them over in buckets, and plant them again. This is going to be SO MUCH work!
In other news, trying very VERY hard to get my banking/bills in order. I am still having major problems with stupid hospital staff at the Tempe St Luke emergency room billing center. They can't seem to understand I need an original copy of my bill - AND that I paid in full! How hard can that be. Also, trying to fix up my expenses with a loan from my bank, which would help out so much, but they don't appreciate that my income, as a teaching assistant, is split between salary and bursury to maximize my non-taxable income limit from the government. It is REALLY difficult to explain this wonky system to someone who doesn't know what a TA is, and when I don't have the exact lingo to explain what is going on in legal/bank talk.
Sigh. Anyhow, I think I've done everything I need to for today - and so I treated myself to a CD with my HMV Club card (this plan is expiring June 30th people! Try to use up your old cards if you can!) - Boulevard by St, Germain - and I also got the new album by Delerium Chimera which is a 2-cd set and it came with a free 6-song sampler. Pretty cool. Got all this for the low low price of $19. I'm happy.
Okay - will now crack down and do some school work.
posted by traxis @ 12:29 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home