Wednesday, June 04, 2003

La la la la - my supervisor is happy with me again! I have done lots and lots of work and things are on track! Going away on a good note is very happy!

The Tapas party was cancelled this past weekend because everyone was so busy and it actually ended up raining. Chris and I went garage sale-ing, got a Dirt Devil dustbuster, a coffee grinder, and Trivial Pursuit (Genesis II) each for $5! Also went to the VERY lovely garden center Holes where Chris bought more tomato plants, and I got herbs: 4 kinds of basil, including thai basil, frilled purple basil, and cinamon basil; a chocolate mint; chives, cillantro, parsley, sage and thyme. All are doing wonderfully. The weekend was very relaxing and we cleaned the house up a LOT - which always makes ME happy.

This week I've been doing lots of psych work; data collecting, work for the conference, and other stuff. Skipped a dinner at the President of the University's house on Monday because I was just tired. Stayed home and watched X-men on dvd. Tuesday went to see Finding Nemo which was excellent - especially Ellen Degeneress' playing of Dorothy. She was hillarious. The kids in the theater were really freaked out by the high-speed scenes, and the angler fish and sharks. I don't blame them, but really, it's DISNEY. Everything HAS to work out okay in the end... The Jelly fish scene was really remarkable, especially when you first see them - they looked so real!

Anyhow, tonight, will continue to play Rollercoast Tycoon which I just adore - and BBQ for dinner. Need to do laundry too. Tomorrow after more school stuff, will go out to dinner with Chris at East Side Mario's to celebrate my birthday - then PRESENTS! YAY! Friday morning I leave for Ottawa, should be there around 6 pm. Celebrating Father's day this weekend, then Paula gets into town for her sister's wedding. My birthday (which will involve dinner at Social and MORE PRESENTS) and then off to the conference about this time next week, get back to Ottawa on Sunday evening. A few more days of hanging out in OT, then back to Edmonton on the 19th.

Carlen - I will be calling you when I get into town - get ready to go out!

What else do I want to do in Ottawa? Ah, have lunch at the amazing big Indian buffet, shop at the mustard store on Sussex, buy some of the GOOD margarine to bring home (the 100% soy one by Golden Gate), eat one (or more) apple and spice donut, maybe lunch at the cafe, and swim! I keep forgetting we have a pool at home. Will get to sleep in a bit, DRIVE, and maybe go on bike rides with my mom while my dad is at work. I think this trip is going to be pretty good.

posted by traxis @ 2:05 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary