Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Still alive. I'm in Ottawa and taking it easy. Got into town on Friday night, mostly showed pictures from home to my parents and brother, and unpacked. Saturday slept in nice and late, then got to talk to Carlen. Went shopping, and then back home for dinner. Have been watching the Shape of Life series on DVD. Most excellent PBS series ever.

Sunday woke up not-so-late, went shopping again, this time in the market. Bought some very excellent mustard from this little shop. Also went to Sugar Mountain and got gummy treats for the drive later this week. Went back home to spruce up, then went out to dinner at Social. It was good, though not spectacular. My dad didn't like his dish, and the waitress was less than stellar. Anyhow, did enjoy my linguini with prawns and basque tomato sauce. Later that night talked with Chris on the phone. He got back from a weekend camping, and had a great time. He's such a sweetie, he missed me already!

Monday, woke up even earlier, then went to the doctors. Believe me, not my favourite thing in the world. ALSO had to get a stupid PAP the day before my period. UHG! Not pleasant! After being issued a clean bill of health, went to Place D'orleans looking for bedsheets and a sleeping bag. These, plus the outdoor fireplace were the few things I had asked for for my birthday - I was hoping that my parents would have done the leg work, but it wasn't the case. Anyhow, found something close to what I had envisioned at Walmart for my sheets, and I will likely get the sleeping bag back in Edmonton. Shopped a bit more with my parents in the early evening. Rest of the day was spent inside as it's been raining. Watched The Pianist in the evening - most excellent. Definitely could feel the Polanski, but it wasn't creepy like some of his other films, rather sad, very stark and depressing but in a fitting way.

Today (Tuesday) woke up early, went walking down to get my car rental, then came home. Went on a short bike ride with my mom to a book store where I had a credit, and bought Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. He's the guy on Food TV with the show "A Cook's Tour" - he's pretty much a jerk, but his writing/naration style is catchy and he's got crazy experiences to share. Very good book, already about 1/4 of the way through it. Also went to the driving range with my brother. Wasn't too bad. I suck with the woods. Anyhow, did remember most of what my instructor said last year, so that was good. Tonight I think I'm going to stay at home, Paula isn't in town yet - she and her family got in a car accident last night driving out from the maritimes. They're apparently okay, but as her sister put it "pretty banged up". I hope they're able to get to Ottawa with time to enjoy Lisa's wedding.

Tomorrow is my birthday proper which means a trip to Tucker's Marketplace for buffet lunch (free for the birthday girl) and UNLIMITED PIE! We'll also go see the Bog People exhibit if it rains (and if Paula isn't able to hang out). The evening will likely hold some present opening (although mostly I've gotten my own presents!) and phone calls, then I'm scheduled to go out to cofee or somethinig with Carlen and Alison Cronin from my high school. That's rather nutty! I'll suggest the cafe, as that will be close for all of us, and kill two birds with one stone (as I want to go back there for a visit). Okay - Cannot write more as my parents don't have unlimited internet. Ta!

posted by traxis @ 3:43 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary