Thursday, July 03, 2003

Another day working from home. Wanted to do something productive that wasn't school work or housework - have either done enough of that, or will be working on that the whole time Chris'll be away next week. Anyhow, went to water plants at friends' apartment, and then ran grocery errands - but since they didn't have fresh whole fish, nor kaffir lime leaves (for the two dinner options I had considered), I was stuck.

Went to Chapters and got this wonderful little cook book: Bowl food which has everything from soups, salads, curries, pasta, and wok stuff. Going to make the Chicken and Pork Paella (pg. 210) tonight - of course, substituting Tumeric for the Saffron. Frikkin' expensive spice! Somehow my mom has about 10-15 grams of the stuff at home - may ask her for some next time I'm out visiting her!

I've gone through the entire book noting things I'd like to make. Nearly every 5th page is bookmarked now! This weekend, when I get a chance to buy Kaffir leaves and prawns, will make very yummy looking Thai Curry.

posted by traxis @ 1:47 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary