The rest of Ottawa was fun, got to see Carlen and hang out - we saw Adam too, which was wierd - nothing really changes, I guess. It was really nice to see her, anyhow, I think she's the only person I always call no matter how un-sociable I feel when I'll be in the same town as her.
And, other than a blow out with my parents the last night I was in town, the trip was rather fine. Saw Mona Lisa Smile with David, and ate some good food. Shopped a bit, but didn't spend too much money. Marvelled at how my parents are stuck in the stone age with their pulse dialing, dial-up modem and regular cable (all of which they use insescently, which makes it more astonishing they haven't upgraded!)
Also, went to Cora's for breakfast one morning - super good. Yum!
Got to Toronto on New Years Eve and arived late (Am not impressed with Jets Go) but went out to a really nice dinner with Chris. Subsequent days included way more eating, lots and lots of walking around (did almost all of Queen Street West) some shopping, no clubbing, seeing a fight at the Eaton Center, hanging with Chris' childhood friend, playing with the dog - walking the dog - getting used to the dog slobbering on me, and taking it easy. We saw Master and Commander and it actually was pretty good - didn't think I'd like it at all, but it was cool.
Got back home, finally, and was back to work - have tons of paper and emails to deal with, plus junk regarding my future and oh, all my psych work too. I am definitely ready to quit grad school - last official pre-meeting about this decision is on Monday afternoon. Am looking forward to this!
Have also been a cleaning maniac - reorganized the storage stuff in the basement, the tool cupboard in the mudroom, made space for my new/old teacups, and cleaned the family room. Washed on top of the fridge and the dial things of the stove, Swiffer Wet-ted the bathroom (super gross), vaccuumed my office, the hall, our room (under the bed, dust bunnies!), swept the kitchen, the basement, and more.
posted by traxis @ 11:45 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home