Sunday, March 17, 2002

Again, problems with blogger - Why oh why does my computer hate me so?

D&D went great - almost at my 6th level! So fun. My home is clean, my laundry is done, my dishes are clean, my fridge is full, my week isn't too bad, got to see Chris like a million times last week (he seriously slept over last Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and again Saturday! SO NICE!) I know he's looking to move out somewhere in the fall - I know I shouldn't offer to have him stay over here or that we move in together, but damn it would be wonderful. Once he mentioned that he foresaw himself dating someone for a few years before moving in with them, then waiting at least another year before getting engaged, and then another year between then and getting married. That would take FOREVER from my POV, but whatever... Will maybe offer him a place to stay "temporarily" between apartments if he wants - will see what reaction I get to that.

Got an e-mail today from MadSide girl - some type of self-report quiz thing... I filled it out too:

About 15 years ago I...
1. Was 8 years old and in 4th grade I think
2. Feeling completely alienated at my French elementary school
3. Taking piano lessons and was in Girl Guides
4. Was dying for a pair of acid wash jeans
5. Wanted to be a fashion designer when I grew up

About 10 years ago I...
1. Was 13 years old and in grade 9
2. Had just started my period, had my first kiss, and was boy crazy
3. Somehow met X and MadSide girl along with Erin, Nancy, Jenn, and Patrice
4. Was into the whole grunge thing
5. Discovered Sassy magazine

About 5 years ago I...
1. Was 18 and in my first year undergrad
2. Dating Mike (uhg)
3. Still liking psychology
4. Still driving my big Buick
5. Didn’t know any better

About 2 years ago I...
1. I moved to Edmonton, started Grad school
2. Was still foolishly with Mike
3. Still liked psychology
4. Was totally alone and very depressed
5. Put on the “Freshman fifteen”

About 1 year ago I...
1. Broke up with Mike (yay!)
2. Got involved with the office
3. Had friends and things to do
4. Started loving Edmonton
5. Stopped taking the pill and became happy and stable

Today I...
1. Am happier than ever before
2. See myself working towards a career in the immediate future
3. Love Chris
4. Love my friends and family
5. Hate psychology

Tomorrow I will...
1. Do school work
2. Have a meeting at the office
3. Go running with Chris
4. Do more school work
5. Go to a fancy Senate dinner

Five items you have brand loyalty to:
1. Le Chateau clothing
2. Ikea furniture
3. Oral-B cross action toothbrushes
4. Classico pasta sauces
5. Prima maxi pads

Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Cheddar-herb bagel with light cream cheese
2. V8 Splash
3. Booster Juice
4. Feta stuffed olives with herbs
5. Sandwich

Five songs you know the words to, even without the music:
1. Hotel Yorba – White Stripes
2. uh… O’ Canada and Happy birthday – memory is not my forte
3.
4.
5.

Five games you like:
1. D&D
2. Taboo
3. Pool
4. Snakes and Ladders
5. IQ 2000

Five albums that changed your life:
1. Pearl Jam – the pink one, uh…?
2. Strokes – Is this it?
3. REM – Out of Time
4. Air – Moon Safari
5. Travis – The invisible band

Five things you can't live without:
1. Oxygen, food, shetler?
2. Friends & Family
3. Things to do
4. A full fridge
5. People who care for me (Chris)

Five things you'd buy with one thousand pounds (2 grand):
1. Pay off debts
2. More clothes
3. More shoes
4. My own vacuum
5. Dishwasher

My top five guilty pleasures:
1. TV
2. Skipping meetings
3. Sleeping with Chris
4. Bath goodies and facial masks etc.
5. Poutine

Top five musicians lately:
1. White Stripes
2. Strokes
3. Treebeard
4. Robin Black and the Intergalactic Rock Stars
5. Esthero (where’s the new album????)

Top five locations I want to run away to:
1. New York
2. Hong Kong
3. Italy
4. Toronto
5. Ottawa

Name five bad habits you have:
1. Incessant need to have clean pores and remove body hair
2. Whinny
3. Can’t prioritise
4. Grudge holding
5. Spending too much money

Name five people currently on your bad side:
1. Evil Bitch Monster
2. The Chairs of at least three committees
3. This one kid in my advisory committee
4. On of Chris’ friends who happens to be an ex of his
5. Psychology people

Name five things you'd never wear:
1. Pastel colours
2. Stirrup pants
3. Fanny packs
4. Neon
5. Anything Britney Spears owns

Name five animals you like:
1. Miniature Daschunds
2. Men
3. Men
4. Men
5. Men

Name five tv shows you like:
1. Sex and the City
2. The West Wing
3. Good Eats
4. Trading Spaces (ooh Ty the carpenter… glahrgh!)
5. Mission Hill/Undergrads

Name five celebrities you don't like:
1. Britney Spears or any prefab pop/r&b/hip hop outfit
2. Nicholas Cage
3. Jim Carrey
4. Tom Green
5. Oh hell – all of ‘em

Name five drinks you enjoy:
1. Water
2. Raspberry tea
3. V8 Splash or other real juices
4. Cider
5. Café au lait

Name five ice cream flavours you love:
1. Mud Puddle (Cow’s)
2. Chocolate chip cookie dough
3. Black cherry
4. Candy Cane ice cream (Presidents’ choice)
5. French Vanilla

*********
What it means? I dunno. Oh well. I would now like to go into some happy things that Chris has promissed me we'd do:
go for walks by the river valley in the summer
make kites and go fly them
teach me to drive manual
go camping
go swimming in a lake
go out and watch the stars with a telescope and drink hot chocolate in thermoses
teach me how to service a car myself
go on a road trip up north to the arctic
go to the folk festival
teach me to ballroom dance
take the train together to go back to Ontario for Christmas
meet his parents and sister and dog
make me: cheese sauce for broccoli, split pea soup, onion soup, oxtail stew, meatloaf, cesear salad, cornbread, spinach and pea salad, and homemade pie
make jam from scratch together
go on a double date with his friends
watch a bunch of movies together (can't think of all of them)
run the October marathon with me
... so much more stuff. It's really great having a boyfriend who will plan to do things with you - shows that he isn't worried about committing at least somewhat to the future, and who actually starts completing some of the plans. I am so happy with him, I know this is so sappy, I know this has turned into the I "heart" Chris site, and I know I'm probably boring most of you to tears, but fuck it, I am being treated like gold by a really great guy that fits so many of my "ideal" specs in a man - some of which are very hard to fit given my current age, and the way things are going in the world. I'm really really really happy. It's good. Very very very good.

posted by traxis @ 11:13 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary