Friday, March 15, 2002

Have tried posting this a million times! Why won't it work?????

Argh, yes kids, been a while again since last blog. Very busy week, tons of meetings and well... school. So strange to do aboslutely nothing during the weekend and still be exhausted on Monday - I guess them are the breaks when much frolicking is the general schedule.

Okay, the 10th, Chris and I went to his radio thing and it wasn't too geeky, but not very fun either. He enjoyed himself so that was good. I much prefered ride out there and back. We did well together in the car - a good "test", except I wasn't a very good navigator - got us lost 3 times, but we were able to find our way easily (okay, Chris found our way...) We passed a big cheesy landmark thing on the way back - you know, one of those fiberglass casted giant thing with a big plaque where people stand and take a picture infront of it. Well this one was a giant saussage link. Had to stop. Got Chris to stand in front of the heart-shapped plaque, then I moved about 40 feet back to get the top of the sausage in the picture frame - oh god, somehow the planners didn't realize that the sausage stuck out a good 50 feet up from the middle of the big giant heart - yes ladies and gentleman - it looked like a huge errect penis. I started cracking up and took the picture. Chris had no idea what I was laughing at. So when I came back and told him to switch places, and he took the camera and my old place, he saw and started laughing too. SO funny. I'll see about getting the pics on the website once they're processed.

After we got back into town, we went out to lunch, grabbed some groceries, then I came home and did lots of work. Chris went back to school to work on his paper, and I told him to come over if he was planning to stay late. He dropped by around 9 pm, and kept working for a while - I was reading my textbook, and fell asleep on the couch. Chris was total sweetheart, feeling bad for keeping me up, but I was like, oh don't worry, it's you who has to submit a paper by tomorrow night... Anyhow, it was all very nice.

Next morning woke up - I don't hit "snooze" on my alarm clock - in fact I don't understand how 10 extra minutes is going to do anything to help me feel more refreshed - if I need more time, I need like an extra hour or two. Anyhow, so I woke up, and Chris hit snooze so I decided to help him for his work by making him a nice big healthy lunch. When he woke up he was all like "Awhn, you made me lunch? You're the best girlfriend ever!" Things are going so great. Monday was filled with office work and two meetings with government people. Both went okay, but I don't know if I actually enjoy the lobbying process - I feel like a looser asking for money when the University shouldbe forking over cash already. Anyhow, Monday evening was our big monthly meeting, things actually went great because the Evil Bitch Monster wasn't there - so nice. Went to the bar for an ice tea afterwards, and it was all okay, but I was exhausted already (see above) and needed to complete a year-long-wrap-up report for 8:30 am. Chris walked me home, then I went and worked till 4 frigging AM on the report. Sent it off via e-mail then went to bed.

Woke up at frigging 7:30 am on Tuesday for a frigging 8:30 am meeting. Stupid daycare meeting. 90 minutes of stupidity, drove me nuts. I refuse to ever go back to that group again. Worked on getting out of my stats class officially, and did some clean-up office work. Went to lunch with Chris, then went home at 4 pm. Started putting on like a million outfits to find the one that's just dressy enough, just business-y enough, and just young-looking enough for the big formal dinner at the CP hotel out here for one of our business partners. Finally chose a pair of black synth pants, a low cut ruffly black tanktop, and my long black synth suit jacket (floor length). I think I looked damned good, business-like yet still sexy. Anyhow, Chris picked me up wearing his suit (hot stuff!) and we drove to the hotel. Got valet parking (included in the party - how classy!) and then walked into the reception room. Ah, dozens of business men, business ladies, all dressed up, smartly talking about this and that, free wine, lots of handshaking and cheek kissing, brilliant. The Lieutenant Governor was there again - she is such a great lady. Then we were ushered to the dinning room - beautiful - wedgwood like decorations in the round room. Completely formal. Had a yummy 5 course meal (except for the cream of mushroom soup - uhg, mushrooms) ending with a passionfruit pavlova - oh so good. The table Chris and I were sitting at was just wonderful - the Elder Chairman of the business who's just great was sitting with us, as was a past president of the alumni council from my school, and three other administrators of affinity programs. Good group of people. Figures that one of the people whom I connected with at the Christmas party was actually the previous Elder Chairman and he was retiring in April - good for me chatting up the big shots! After that, we got Chris' car back ("never before in the history of time has a 2-door Chev been parked by a valet!") then went back to my place to pick up stuff, then back to his home. Really nice night.

Wednesday was cold, so we took the train back to school. Had a meeting back in downtown in the morning with politicians. It was a rather useless meeting - know we didn't convince them of anything. Anyhow. Did some school work, then had class. The class went really well actually - we did lots of talking of which I feel I did a good job participating. Got my paper back, got 8.6/9! Good stuff. Did more office work after class, then came home. Got all gussied up for Robin Black and the Intergalactic Rock Stars - wore basically the same outfit as when I went dancing with Andre. Anyhow, I looked hot. I also lost my hat (boo!) Anyways, got picked up by Chris and we went to the bar. The opening band "Morning Star" from Vancouver were pretty good in the talent area, but were so uncreative that it just sounded like rock station radio filler. FINALLY Robin Black came on. They were pretty damned good, but no where as explosive as the last time I saw them (New Year's 2000). All glam, all glitter, fireworks, noisiness, and a whackload of attitude. I had a great time, and I think Chris was amused too. Our waitress was SO great - she was all nice and chatty but not overly so either. Good girl. The show was great. We left right after, and walked towards the back of the bar to get to the car. When we passed the back exit, Robin Black almost spat blood on my shoes. The poor kid was there, wearing feathered long gloves, purple pleather pants, and big huge shoes, mascara running, naked torso dripping in sweat and his blue hair dye starting to leak - and this kid's like 5 feet tall in those tall shoes... and just shivering in pain from the exertion of screaming and jumping around on stage for the last two hours. I told him "that was an amazing show Robing - great job" and he's like "it's not a rock concert if you don't come away brusied, bloody and throwing up". What a great kid!

Chris stayed over and it was nice. God - that was like the 3 time this week! Thursday morning, he left to go move his car and go to school. I went to the office and ran a bunch of errands. Went to drop out of stats, pick up Awards Night pictures, mail something to my dad, and bought some cd's (Ryan Adams "Gold" - yes it's folk music - he sings 'New York" the song who's video was filmed infront of the twin towers on Sept. 10th - eerie; the Avalanches - FINALLY!, and Starsailor - kinda James'ish birt stuff). Came back to the office, had a noon meeting, then did a bit more work. Went running with Chris afterwards, did two 10's and 1's then went to the fitness machine room. He did weights and I sat on one of the reclining bikes reading my reports while doing two 5 minute hill training sessions - totally great way to economise time! Went to class to teach in the afternoon, pretty easy stuff, just listened to two of the radio shows that were the term "paper" projects for the students. Went to grab some supper afterwards, then came home to have a shower before my 6 pm meeting. Walked over to that (my hair froze - grrr) and that meeting finished at like 8 pm. The chair was all like kinda bitchy against me, but the rest of the committee (of like 15) were very supportive of me. Anyhow, came home, had some sandwiches, sorted my laundry, and was so exhausted I went to sleep at 9:30. Woke up at 8:30 today and wrote this blog!

Today I have a 2 pm meeting. Will go to the office shortly to work there and do school work too. Will go to 2 pm meeting, then come home and do laundry, dishes, the garbage, and also grorceries hopefully. Will also dust, vaccuum (yes I still have the vaccuum! HA HA!) and watch lots of tv. Saturday we're going tobogganing and then going to go watch Men with Brooms with the gang. Scheduled to stay over at Chris'. Sunday is D&D! We didn't play last week (was able to go on road trip with Chris because of this) so I kind of miss it. Okay. I think that's it. Must go start doing real work

posted by traxis @ 9:43 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary