Woke up bright and early today at 8 am. Chris was still snoozing, so I decided, I will be the ultimate Martha and good girlfriend and try to make breakfast in bed. Coffee was the easy bit, as was the toasted English muffin. Defrosting breakfast saussage wasn't too hard, but I hate trying to pan brown them - they ROLL! Argh :) Okay, that leaves eggs and juice. Opened the OJ container, found a alchol-y smelling yucky stuff where OJ should have been. Threw that out. Found 3 large navel oranges, cut them and juiced them with my reemer (ha ha, yes, I said reemer) but it was all super chunky pulpy, so I had to strain it - it looked like tang, tasted like acid. Added a bit of sugar and I think that's all I could think of doing. Whatever. Eggs - well, I am not the flipping queen, but usually I can flip one egg over at a time. No such luck this morning. Messed up the first pair totally. Ended up scrambling them - which is what I prefer. Tried again, broke the yolk on the second one, but kept everything contained. Then, when I was ready to flip the pair, the stupid smoke detecter went off - had to go tend to that, and when I got back to the stove, the eggs had cooked more that I had wanted! Grrr. Anyways, Chris liked his breakfast just fine. And that's the last time in a long time that I'll be pamering him so. :)
Yesterday was very easy. Went to school and ran with Chris, then came back to the office and hung out with the office staff girls. At 4 pm we started our meeting and got lots of useful work done, no major fighting or anything needed to get it done too! After we disbanded, hung out with Brad and his girlfriend for a while, talking and joking around. They invited me over to play Magic - which I would have loved to do, but they should get to be alone together too. So I took a raincheck. Walked to drop off a big reimbursement cheque from the office to my bank account, and then went to get a small poutine for dinner. Came home, watched tv and ate my yummy yummy poutine in my pyjamas. Cleaned the house up some more (had vaccumed in the afternoon! Yay!) and then got a call from Chris, he was coming over early. Had just finished cleaning the bathtub and doing the garbage. I was messy but hell, whatever. I had also tried to fix my poor ferny tree - it's not doing well. Its got sticky residue on most of its leaves and kinda polleny red dust on it too. Our plant-guru office staff girl searched for cures and told me to clean it first with rubbing alcohol then with water. Did that, hopefully it will work. My parsley pot is also got a disease... all its leaves (the parsley part) are speckled in white and silver. Uhg. I keep killing plants! Feel so bad!
Another thing I learned yesterday is that you can go to the SPCA or dog pound and on weekends, go and volunteer to walk the big old sad dogs outside. I think that would be a marvelous thing to do. The dogs are usually so happy to be outside and play for a while. It would be a nice thing to share with Chris, I told him about it, and I think we may start that in the spring. It would be nice to make a big old sad dog happy given his situation in life.
Today will take a shower, clean me up, go read my Aging book (for school - still doing homework!) then go play racquetteball with Brad at 2 pm, then go to Price Club with him to pick up soda for our big meeting on Monday. It will be an interesting meeting that's for sure. Come home, get cleaned up, pack for overnight, then go over to meet Chris. He's making me steak (Alberta beef! Yay!) for dinner, then we're going to watch In the heat of the Night at his place. Tomorrow we're going to that St. Michael place on our mini road trip. Will be nice to spend pretty much the whole weekend with him.
Must also call mom today before going - I think my dad's back from his business trip to Whitby (oh fun, eh? :) ) and will also try to get some work done around the house - making breakfast takes up TONS of dishes!
posted by traxis @ 9:48 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home