Thursday, May 16, 2002

My parents are visiting right now, rather interesting. Things are good, lots to do, but it sure is wierd having them around again. We went walking all over campus and my neighbourghood yesterday, pretty busy actually. Today we went to WEM and played air hockey and bowling there. Things are going really well, more so than I thought they'd be anyways. I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with them trying to pay for stuff though. I dunno.
Went to two meeting today, I got to sit in the Chancellor's throne chair because that was the only seat left in the room (smirk!)
Kids are coming over for a BBQ on Monday - about 22 kids! Argh! It'll be great, but my god will it be packed in my little appartment.
No word from Chris since Tuesday when he left, definitely miss him. He's so much fun and I enjoy doing things more when he's around. Maybe he'll call or e-mail. Anyhow, he said he'd try to change his plane ticket so he could make it to some of the BBQ on Monday, such a sweetie. God I miss him!
Tomorrow we're getting a rental car for the weekend, then running around and doing errands for part of the day. I haven't gone jogging since last week (BAD!) so I will really try to go tomorrow. Then Saturday we're going to Calgary and we'll stay the night, heading through the mountains on Sunday on our way back home.
I think I'm having a good time, I know my parents are, I am just really not used to having to work around someone who's schedule is so different than mine. I also am no longer used to the way they communicate (BIG problems with that) and so what annoyed me back when I lived at home is even more irritating out here. There's no need to yell in a 500 square foot apartment, there's no way that I will repeat myself 3 times every time I say ANYTHING. Argh. Trying to be good and patient and happy, very exhausting, as is the constant presence and noise that two extra people create. Okay, really making it sound worse than it is. Okay, should go now. Will try and recap the weekend on Sunday.

posted by traxis @ 7:06 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary