Weekend was a blast. Friday went for big nachos at the pub with the gang. Grant and Tamsen broke up again, I think he'll be going after Wendy again too... sigh, bad kids, wish they could behave. Chris and I tag teamed on the NTN video quizzy thing, we kicked ass! We came in 2nd accross North America! So smart!
After hanging out there (and playing pool on a VERY sloped table) we went bowling again - I don't know why I can never do as well as that time Chris and I went alone, but damnit, I DID bowl over 100 once, actually twice, in one night. Bowled a 72 then a 70. Grrrr. Bought Tamsen some orange tulips to cheer her up a bit too, went out for midnight snack at Timmy's, then Chris stayed over.
Saturday woke up fairly early, made big breakfast, then headed over to the golf course. Did all 18 holes, at a fairly quick pace, still took nearly 4 hours to do. On a par 54 course, I scored 127. Chris score 108. I suck! Oh well, it was actually a lot of fun, and it was really nice being outside for the whole day. We left just as the rain came in, had Dim Sum in chinatown, then ran some errands all over town. Went over to Chris' just hung out for a while, watched Oceans 11 and Aliens .
Sunday, woke up at noon (ah!) then ran around doing more errands. Got lots of stuff for the office, then carried two cases of soda from my house to the office for our meeting, and my arms just about died! Couldn't believe how hard it was to carry that for what would normally be a 5 minute walk. Came home, dropped stuff off, went to get more groceries for supper, then had a quick shower. Chris finished his work at the office, then picked me up and we went to the driving range, did okay, but got quite frustrated with how short my drives were. Argh. Will likely take a lesson in June (hopefully part of my birthday gift!) to get better pointers. After, came back home, did some simple cooking, and had a VERY lovely, very romantic dinner out on the porch with Chris. Had bruschetta, Italian salad, and watermellon and strawberries for desert. Oh, and a very good bottle of Gato Negro wine. Watched the stars, talked about what we want in life, just sat next to each other an enjoyed being together.
This morning, woke up early (uhg!) Chris left to drive back home before coming in for a meeting. Went to the meeting and it was bloody long and SO not useful... not sure why we had a facilitator come in to guide our discussion and plan making for this coming year - really, we could have done this ourselves and done a way better, more time-efficient job of it. Anyways, after we were done, 7 hours later, ran home, changed into my ballroom dancing outfit (frilly skirt, and plain top), then back for ANOTHER meeting with the same people in preparation for our big monthly meeting in the evening. Finished that, then had about 30 minutes before the big meeting. The meeting was SO LONG and SO BORING because there was simply nothing interesting on the agenda really - argh. Chris and I ran from there to the ballroom dancing class, which we caught the last 15 minutes of, then went back home.
I changed outfits again, did some dishes, then Chris picked me up so we could go play with his model helicopter. It was fun, but the silly thing kept crashing to the ground. It got dark after about an hour, so we left, and I came home and started the major clean up for my parents who will be coming in tomorrow night. Did the rest of the dishes, the garbage, cleaned the windows, dusted, made the sofa bed, put out towels, cleaned the washroom, refilled the shampoo bottles (still using the huge gallon bottles my friend Johnny got for me in 2000!), washed the toothbrush cups, put away the mail, did gardening, cleared my fridge, made juice, and lots of other little stuff. Will vacuum tomorrow and do some laundry too.
I've caught a second wind now and could keep working all night... but I'm SO exhausted from being in meetings all day and doing lots of work and stuff all weekend (skipped out on D&D, was not interested in sitting on my ass all day when it was so gorgeous outside and I had things to do).
Tomorrow, have yoga at noon (yay!) then soft ball in the evening. Nothing else! I will finish cleaning up in the morning, maybe go run an errand or two with Chris (get flowers for mom, mothers day gift, other nice guest touches too), and he's asked me to go to supper with him too... really looking forward to that. Chris will be leaving for his sister's graduation Wednesday morning EARLY, so he won't get to meet my parents before he leaves. He'll only be gone for like 5 days, but I'll miss him a lot. It is so nice to have him around all the time, and spend so much time with him. I never get sick of him, and we always have so much fun together. He said that I'm his favourite person to hang out with too and that I'm one of his very best friends, and I definitely feel the same about him. He's also said a really nice thing - that we'd take a road trip to the southern west coast of the states some time... future plans - such a great feeling.
Okay, I really should go to sleep now, have much to do tomorrow!
posted by traxis @ 12:37 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home