Tuesday, August 20, 2002

After all the work I had done preping the house and trying to still be consciencious about school, I kinda broke down yesterday. After a really nice meal (paid for by the Encyclopedia entry our group had written) I just felt let down by Chris. I don't know what really propagated it - perhaps I had expected him to be all like "thank you so much" about dinner and the Chilli pepper lights I got him as a surprise yesterday, but although I know he was happy with both, I kinda felt unappreciated. Anyways, I think I just needed to let some stress/frustration with all the recent events out - I feel much better now, and I think things were fine before too. (sigh) being a girl is just hard sometimes.

Right now I'm watching a show on cognitive tests given to a Chimpanzee. It's rather amazing, but the experimenter is giving her lots and lots of feedback - the experimental method is not quite good, and although it looks like the animals have adequate care and lving space, it's kinda bad to see them do non-stop tests... mind you they probably only do one or two counting or matching tests a day, and the tape is compiled over several days, but still. This is being done in Japan so I'm not sure how reputable the ethic boards are out there.

Today I'm going to finish a tiny bit of work for school, then I think I'm going to treat myself to being stupid and do nothing. I really kind of want to go to WEM, which would be fun, but also kinda not good - as I don't have the money nor the space to put much else right now. Hmmmm.... we'll see.

posted by traxis @ 8:54 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary