Sunday, August 11, 2002

So tired.
Homer sleep now.
Have been packing my apartment in preps for the move. One side of my living room is now stacked with boxes and junk. I think I could have done all of it in one day if really necessary, but it's been nice to have the extra time to do it bit by bit.
Lets see... Wednesday got home with no problems. Chris was super nice and picked me up - we hung out at home for a while and was very glad to get to bed. Thursday morning we woke up nice and late and went to the beach for the BBQ and other outside fun. The kids who organized it did lots and lots of work, and only 50% of the people they expected showed up - sucks. We ran some errands on the way home, then had supper at this nice Mongolian restaurant - you got to pick what you wanted in your meal and they would stirfry it for you on this huge grill. It was cool.
We also visited the house and it was really nice - I think everything that I wanted to have in my half of the room will fit no problem afterall. So much work to do!
Friday I went to the office. The researcher I hired didn't do squat all last week. She didn't e-mail me until Thursday to let me know this (ARGH!) so I kinda came down on her about that, I mean really, do I need to tell her that she should call back people and pester them for work? Shouldn't she spend some time writing and preparing the report if she has nothing else to work on???? ARGH. Anyways, after she did what I suggested she do to get surveys back, she got three back that day - 1/5 of what she had already received. Stupid.
We went running and working out, then had beer at the pub next door with some of the guys. Played pool - uh "played" as I totally sucked. Then Chris and I came home, and watched the end of The Hustler which was pretty good.
Saturday ran some errands again in the morning, then while Chris went to school to work, I packed about 1/3 of my apartment. After that, we went out to super at the High Level Diner, then went to the dance social. I dance pretty much every dance with Chris except this one Shakira song with this kid from the dance class. It was really nice to dance with Chris because we're both getting good enough that we don't have to concentrate so much on the moves and can enjoy dancing with each other some more.
Today we went out for breakfast, then ran some errands. I got some kid a bagel and OJ, that always makes me feel good. Now, I've finished packing about another half of my apartment - so I only really have my kitchen and clothes to bring out. Not too bad. Chris is doing lots of work, and things are going well for him. Can't wait to finish moving. We will have completed everything by Thursday it seems, which'll be great. Then I just have to clean up here a bit then that's it!
YAY!

posted by traxis @ 4:02 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary