Blah!
It's Friday (thank god), and it's been one helluva week.
I've actually been really good at doing my homework of late, and it's kind of kicked me in the ass - meaning now that I'm being consciencious about it, I've been given even more work! At least I think we will be sending off one article for publication next week and my second year project should be approved by next Friday. That's good.
House-wise things are going well; the place is still a mess but things are going pretty smoothly otherwise. Almost all of Chris' stuff is here now - he only has a few decorations and some odd ends left at his place. I still have more to bring over, but we'll get a lot of that done this weekend. We got a composter! With that, and recycling pretty much everything, and the bottle refund program, I think we'll have at most one green garbage bag of stuff per week. Very happy about that. Got to use my fireplace the other day, read my book under my duvet on the couch, sipping tea, listening to St.Germain, very nice.
Shopping-related: had to get my dad his birthday gift this week (nearly forgot!) Spent 3 frigging hours in the mall. SO ANNOYING! I hate shopping for my dad because he really doesn't have any hobbies that I could get him stuff for, nor is he in "need"/"want" of anything really... FInally got him a robe, a cd, a gift certificate to Second Cup, and the three Once Upon a Time in China dvd's. He should be happy with that. This week, for me, I was pretty good. Got some groceries, and went out to lunch a few times, but the major purchase was the first season of Sex and the City and Edward Scissorhands on dvd. Oh, also bought some essentials for the house (the composter, a blue box for recycling, hose, rake, stuff like that).
Event related: well, let's see. Went out to Neil's for dinner at the begining of the week, Monday had dinner with the psychology people because our Encyclopedia entry check came in, Tuesday went out to dinner at a mexican restaurant with Chris (sat outside, had lots of yummy food and too hot salsa), Wednesday went to work out (legs killed from running through the park near our house the day before - actually they still hurt!), and yesterday we went to see Simone because Chris won free tickets on the radio. The movie was kinda silly, not really believable (at least I don't think) and the "character" of Simone was totally annoying - she was too fake, too goody goody, and just plain creepy. Al Pacino was odd, and I don't get why they picked him/he picked this movie to lead in. There were some really funny scenes and lines, but it just took you on a wierd storyline that didn't really have any believeable basis in the first place. Whatever.
Another neat thing that happened this week was getting to meet Joe Clark. This was through the office, and I got all dressed up and did my hair because I knew I might be on tv. He was really nice, and the proposal they were announcing was just great (not taxing scholarships), but everyone focused on the politcy side of things - the leadership races in both Liberal and Tory cacusses. Grrr. Anyways, only got to see my chin on the tv, not the whole of me. Too bad.
Uhg, so that's that. Today going to work on more stuff for school (damn it!) and this weekend I'm not going to work at all! It's ridiculous the stupid deadlines I've been given, so I'm taking two whole days off. Going to go shop with Tamsen on Sunday likely, and just bum around at home the rest of the time.... hmmmm... although going out to dim sum would be really nice....
PLEASE PLEASE HAVE POSTED!
posted by traxis @ 12:08 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home