Tuesday, June 04, 2002

I am so smart, SMRT.
I figured out how to reset the safety features on my computer so that I could access Blogger and comments and other stuff from home again. It was really starting to annoy me that I had to work on my blog from the office - not exactly the most private place.

Dance class was really great today because I got new dancing shoes - they're all flexible and sliddy, which is very VERY good. After dance, Chris and I went to supper at the Chinese noodle house, then for coffee and desert at the nice Cafe nearby. I got him a waterproof radio as a gift, he was so thrilled. Plans for my birthday are coming together; Saturday night going to dinner with a bunch of friends then to a club for the rest of the evening. On my birthday, I will wake up nice and late, have icecream for breakfast (tradition!), then go to yoga (wich I missed today because I was doing school work, blah!), then go golfing with Chris and maybe Brad and others if they sign up, then to supper at the very nice Thai restaurant. Good stuff. A special bonus was that my psych reading group got cancelled - that was the only non-fun thing scheduled for my birthday!

I also noticed that it's been nearly 6 months since I started this blog. I have written so many damn entries, and I know people are reading this - not sure who though. Yeah, the last 6 months have been so filled with fun stuff, meetings, good times, bad times, lots and lots of confused times. I think I'm in a really good place in my life, and have been for a while. I've definitely let myself expand in terms of who I 'label' myself to be, or what I allow myself to do and enjoy. I never thought I'd be knitting, ballroom dancing, or playing golf. These things simply weren't "goth" or "punk rock" enough for me before, but my god I'm enjoying doing these things. My new years' resolution to say 'yes' to as many invitations as possible has definitely introduced me to lots more people, places and things - and definitely made me grow a lot through that. I'm also living a lot more for today, because I'm happier with today, not reaching for an idealistic tomorrow. I've also continued to develop my communication and personal skills - such as listening more attentively, smiling and being friendly when talking to someone (not just being businessy), learning how to small talk and mingle, how to express my dissatifaction without getting all emotional; I've also learned to use different communication modes with different people, stay quiet when things start getting out of hand, holding my ground, but also how to be open to new ideas. I also try to provide compliments or support to people, making sure that I don't take over someone else's project or steal their fire either. There are tons more things like that, all in all, very good life skills for the business world and for me personally too.

Sigh. So, that's about it for now... I guess I do have one request - if you do read this blog, could ya comment or e-mail me or something? I'd like to know, in general, who's all out there.... hmmm.

posted by traxis @ 10:32 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary