How could I have? It's been a very busy weekend!
Friday evening, went to Carmen's for a BBQ - it was pretty nice, saw a bunch of people that I don't normally get to talk to, so it was really nice. Carmen did all this work and kept almost getting her crazy-long hair in the BBQ flames. Anyways, Chris and I stayed for a good while, but I was getting all sleepy and allergic (damn Spring!) so we went home. Didn't set quite a good enough example though, some people stayed way past 1:30 am and one person even slept over she was so drunk!
Saturday day time, Chris and I ran errands in the morning, then went to a really nice restaurant (Joey Tomato's) for lunch. I had this great big salad - it had a tortilla half shell-like wall then tons of lettuces, pulled chicken, cranberries, croutons, cillantro, and a nice honey-balsamic vinegar-and other stuff dressing. Oh, and Feta. Yummy! We are definitely going back there, the decore was great (sort of like my old room back home) and the service was excellent. After a few more errands, we went for a jog, outside. Which I dred, because of my allergies, but also because the slopes, the cars, and people and other stuff are difficult to maneuver. Anyhow, it wasn't bad at all this time, and we were looking for homes for rent at the same time.
Yes.
Still doing that. MY GOD.
I am so happy about it!
Anyhow, didn't find anything this time, but Chris and I are scheduled to comb the streets in July when he gets back from his trip to Japan.
We made a mad dash for the shower and clothes after our run, so that we could get to my birthday dinner on time.
Met everyone for dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory and it was really good. Pretty much everyone showed up, we had a big table for 12 or so, and I got a few birthday cards and great conversation. I think everyone had a good time, which is important to me. A bunch of kids went home after supper, and the rest of us went to a club. We kinda sat there and talked for a bit, the group was shrunken way down from the bigger one before, but it was still okay. I wasn't really the focus of the evening, and although I wasn't really expecting gifts, I didn't figure I'd have to buy my own dinner and drinks. Chris bought me a few drinks, and so did Grant, but it was like, a little surprised that I paid for so many things myself and got cards only? Is that wrong? I'm not sure - not used to grown up birthdays yet.
After several dances and some drinks later, I got very tired and just wanted to go home with Chris because he was the only one who was trying to make this night special for me, not focus on himself (I've found that many of my friends are very wrapped up in their own lives and tend to be a little oblivious to other people, I try not to label them as self-involved or attention seeking - but they are making it very difficult to not believe that.
Anyhow, Chris and I took off and went home, and that was a lot better.
Next morning, we woke up early, cleaned up and went to a place for brunch, and then were off towards school. I went home to clean up for D&D in the afternoon, and did some gardening too. After about 90 mins, I got a call from Neil that wanted to go shopping this week for furniture and furnishings for his apartment, and also another call that I could go visit Chris' lab. Met up with a few more people there, and went to see the robots. These are the soccer robots Chris and his team mates have been working on that they are going to go compete in Japan next week. They worked pretty damn well and are quite impressive. I think they'll do well in Japan. After a while of that, we all went back to the office where we goofed off a bit, then the guys went to shop with Wendy while I helped Chris make carrying boxes.
I love construction so much, I miss getting to help out on projects and stuff. If we get a house, hopefully we'll be able to have a garage or some place where we can set up a workshop. One thing I've really wanted to do for a while is make furniture, like make the wooden frames, then upholster and all. It would be great.
Anyhow, after a while of that, I had to go home for D&D, so I took off, finished cleaning, then the kids showed up. D&D was okay, we moved quite a bit, which was good, but Brad let his character be a numb skull and got killed. So we had to take off from the labyrinth of tunnels and temples we were in and go back towards town to resurect him. He was being all sulky that he got killed, but really. We were told not to touch the creature that he attacked, and the creature was only guarding the room, it didn't hurt our dwarf character who's temple it was (or his god or whatever) but Brad went ahead and fought it anyways. What an idiot. Then he tried to justify why he did it to a bunch of people who kept telling him to stop. WHATEVER. I am really frustrated by D&D, we keep meeting and playing but people still give others directions as though it were our first game ever, and then do stupid things that aren't useful to the group at all. I hate the actually playing of it, we aren't getting anything done other than hack and slash killing of nearly everything we meet. I'm not sure what the objective of the adventure is anymore, and whenever we do build a plan, someone makes it so that we fudge it up and go back to hack and slash. ARGH! And this is something that I invest about 6 hours a week, but it's really more like one full day of the week to - Sundays, and I get nothing out of it anymore. I'm thinking about quitting but don't know how to do so in an appropriate way. We're also starting up another game on Wednesdays which I have a bit more faith in - Brad'll DM so he can't interject so much - Grant is okay, but he's riddiculously slow at calculating, and doesn't control the group well at all - I mean, Wendy is allowed to roll her dice on a hard fucking table for minutes on end if she wants - not only is that not appropriate it's noisy and annoying as hell.
I'm also getting frustrated with just the people - Brad, Wendy and Grant especially. After the whole Grant Wendy affair thing, and the fact that Wendy was such an idiot about it (the focus should have been on poor Tamsen, not poor Wendy - Wendy did it to herself and kissed a guy she shouldn't have - she's such a child) and Brad is so domineering of people - we just end up talking and talking and getting nothing done. Like that's an effective way to spend a precious weekend day - or hell any day from my point of view. ARGH ARGH ARGH!
posted by traxis @ 1:35 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home