Thursday, June 13, 2002

Pretty fancy day today - had the schedule of a VP at the University actually!
Woke up early to go to a VP search committee meeting, contributed a bit, didn't put my foot in my mouth like the undergrad did (ha ha!). Then ran a few errands (got my gift from Paula but haven't opened it yet - waiting for her to be on the phone - kinda hard with the 3 hour time difference). Picked up some goodies at the grocery store; flowers, grapes, cookies, and RASPBERRIES! The one berry I can eat as much as I want - not allergic to it at all!
After that, went for a run with Chris, we ran outside and it was just TOO HOT! I whimped out after 20 minutes, but we had worked out before too so I don't feel like I cheaped out too much. He's getting a little stressed with the Japan trip coming up. Poor kid - wait - he get's to go to Japan, screw the pitty! We're scheduled to spend tomorrow afternoon working together and then all of Saturday too. I'll miss him lots while he's away, but hey, I might get school work done!
After the run, came home to have a shower and get changed. Put on some beige pants (beige!) and the rest of my "neutral" coloured outfit, including a pair of cute flat sandals that I got yesterday at a sale (other shoes bought: beige (beige!) suede sport clogs for golfing - so cute!). I litterally ran to the Senate meeting where I talked about the grad involvement at the University and impressed everyone. The Chancellor absolutely adores me - I know I work hard, but I don't feel that I do THAT much. Anyhow, I appreciate his confidence. I tease Chris about Chancellor Ferguson hugging me. Yes, I'm a dork.
After the meeting, ran to a dinner for the YWCA women of distinction awards. It was nice, sat up at a front table with some government people and some other high-profile Alumni. It was a really nice event, but too much talking and pauses in the ceremony - whatever. I didn't have to cook and I got to meet some great people! One lady, Xania (sp?) gave me a ride home too, which I much appreciated. And so I'm back home.
Yup, that's my life!

posted by traxis @ 9:50 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary